Grimbeorn the Old is the son of mighty Beorn, and chieftain of the Beornings. He lives at his house, Beorninghús, with his kin: His three children and a few other close relatives. After a visit by the wizard Radagast and an attack on the lodge by goblins, Grimbeorn sends one of his children to the west across the Misty Mountains to warn the people of Eriador of the rising shadow of evil in Rhovanion.
Beorning characters first encounter him during the Beorning intro instance at Grimbeorn's Lodge.
He is also encountered in Vindurhal, in the Misty Mountains.
- Note: Grimbeorn is the sire of all beorning player characters. His two other children are Langhár and Sterkist.
Beorning character development
-  Intro (Beorning), Instance: The Skin-changer's Heritage
-  |ntro (Beorning): Preparations for Travel
-  Grimbeorn's Challenge
-  Chapter 10.1: A New Journey
-  Chapter 10.2: The Price of Lodging
-  Chapter 10.3: Good Fences
-  Through the Vale
-  Of Bears and Elves
-  The Pact of Paws and Wings
-  Defence at the Carrock
-  A Beorninghús Tradition
-  Instance: A Beorninghús Tradition
-  At Woods' Edge