Create new location
This article is a navigation tool to help you create a new location article. There are multiple types of locations and those types are labeled below with their corresponding Boilerplates, which give you a clean copy of the formatted guideline to copy / paste when creating a new location.
Lands of Middle-earth are viewed on the first layer of the Middle-earth map.
- Use Boilerplate:Lands to create a new land article.
- Check out Category:Lands to see if the land article already exists!
- Use Boilerplate:Regions to create a new region article.
- Check out Category:Regions to see if the region article already exists!
- Use Boilerplate:Areas to create a new area article.
- Check out Category:Areas to see if the area article already exists!
Settlements of Middle-earth, including but not restricted to the blue settlement icon, are viewed on either the third or fourth layer of the Middle-earth map; found on a region or area map (these are named places that may or may not have their own map).
- Use Boilerplate:Location Settlements to create a new settlement article.
- Check out Category:Settlements to see if the settlement article already exists!
Landmarks of Middle-earth, including but not restricted to the flag POI icon, are viewed on the Middle-earth map that represent buildings, structures, city sections, and other noteworthy locations that are of outstanding, historical, aesthetic, or cultural importance.
- Use Boilerplate:Landmarks to create a new landmark article.
- Check out Category:Landmarks to see if the landmark article already exists!
Interiors of Middle-earth that require a character to step into an instance through a portal or interact with an NPC to be transported to. Examples include, but are not limited to, taverns, shops, homes, and rooms in a building and are inhabited by friendly NPCs in most cases.
- Use Boilerplate:Location Interiors to create a new interior article.
- Check out Category:Interiors to see if the interior article already exists!
Dungeons of Middle-earth that require a character to step into an instance through a portal or interact with an NPC to be transported to. These include Crafting Instances, Quest Instances, and Public Dungeons and are usually populated by enemy mobs.
- Use Boilerplate:Dungeons to create a new interior article.
- Check out Category:Dungeons to see if the interior article already exists!
Instances of Middle-earth that are separate from the world, sometimes duplicate copies of places, usually private and accessed through the Instance Finder, and are used for Epic Battles, Skirmishes, Raids, and World Instances.
- Use Boilerplate:Instances to create a new instance article.
- Check out Category:Instances to see if the instance article already exists!
Infobox location templates provide important information related to each location type - often showing links to other places either higher or lower on the hierarchy of locations.
- Currently Land and Region articles do not have Infobox Templates.
- Here's an example: Rhovanion (Land); Moria (Region); Zelem-melek (Area); 21st Hall (Settlement); Chamber of Mazarbul (Landmark); Chamber of Leadership (Interior); Bult-kâr (Dungeon); An instance may be launched with the Instance Finder for the skirmish Battle of the Twenty-first Hall
- For details and instructions for each template, see Category:Infobox Templates