Create new location
- This article is a navigation tool to help you create a new location article. There are multiple types of locations and those types are labeled below with their corresponding Boilerplates, which give you a clean copy of the formatted guideline to copy / paste when creating a new location.
Lands of Middle-earth are viewed on the first layer of the Middle-earth map.
- Use Boilerplate:Lands to create a new land article.
- Check out Category:Lands to see if the land article already exists!
- Use Boilerplate:Regions to create a new region article.
- Check out Category:Regions to see if the region article already exists!
- Use Boilerplate:Areas to create a new area article.
- Check out Category:Areas to see if the area article already exists!
Settlements of Middle-earth, including but not restricted to the blue icon, are viewed on either the third or fourth layer of the Middle-earth map; found on a region or area map (these are named places that may or may not have their own map).
- Use Boilerplate:Location Settlements to create a new settlement article.
- Check out Category:Settlements to see if the settlement article already exists!
Landmarks of Middle-earth, including but not restricted to 25px (POIs), are viewed on the Middle-earth map that represent buildings, structures, city sections, and other noteworthy locations that are of outstanding, historical, aesthetic, or cultural importance.
- Use Boilerplate:Landmarks to create a new landmark article.
- Check out Category:Landmarks to see if the landmark article already exists!
- Use Boilerplate:Location Interiors to create a new interior article.
- Check out Category:Interiors to see if the interior article already exists!
Instances of Middle-earth that are separate from the world, sometimes duplicate copies of places, which are used for Quest Instances, Skirmishes, Public Dungeons, and World Instances.
- Use Boilerplate:Instances to create a new instance article.
- Check out Category:Instances to see if the instance article already exists!
Infobox location templates provide important information related to each location type - often showing links to other places either higher or lower on the hierarchy of locations.
- For details and instructions for each template, see Category:Infobox Templates