Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chicken Play allows you to experience the game from a very different perspective - that of a level 1 chicken; or to be precise, a rooster.
- Chicken Play is accessed via a series of quests given by Wald Sandson at Sandson's Farm, in the Shire. Each quest (apart from Which Laid First) takes you into Chicken Play, with a generous time limitation. The chicken has an equivalent quest listed as level 1.
- Your name will be ~Name, and you can only talk on chicken channels. There are no specific chicken emotes although all the usuals are available as text. A maximum of 50 people can be chickens at any one time. You may not talk to any of the standard NPCs - including stable-masters. Your map is new (mostly blank) on each session. All normally aggressive monsters are aggressive.
Chicken Play Guide
- The former LOTRO Lorebook (Closed by Turbine in July of 2013) contained an article by LOTRO user: Lorr, which has been transcribed here:
- This guide has a list of the Skills and Deeds associated with Chicken Play.
- The guide also contains a walkthrough of the varoius quests and activities.
The Sky is Falling
-  Which Laid First?
-  The Early Bird
-  Instance: The Early Bird - Session Play
-  The Sky is Falling
-  Instance: The Sky is Falling - Session Play
-  Flying the Coop
-  Instance: Flying the Coop - Session Play
- This quest-chain is prerequisite for Flying the Coop Quests
Prerequisites: completed the quest-chain The Sky is Falling
Quests under bullet 1) and 3) may be done in any order. All instances are Session Play
-  Flying the Coop -- Bree-land
-  Flying the Coop -- Ered Luin
-  Flying the Coop -- Evendim
-  Flying the Coop -- Lone-lands
-  Flying the Coop -- North Downs
-  Flying the Coop -- Trollshaws
-  Returning to Wald
-  The Great Wide Open
-  There and Bawk Again
-  Free Range - Repeatable
-  Instance: Free Range - Repeatable
- Credit for the Chicken Session Guide is given to Lorr (aka Nightwind).