- Beornings descend from ancient Men, and can "skin-change" into bears when angered. They are gruff, distrustful, impolite, respect all creatures of nature, and hate Orcs more than anything.
- The Beornings have a famous affinity with animals, which they foster and keep in their homes more as friends than as pets or livestock. Beorn, the former chief of the Beornings, was known to speak with animals and understand their own speech - many of his descendants have fostered this talent.
- This uncommon ability is supplanted by a greater gift; Beorn could change into the shape of a bear. This skill has been passed down through the generations, such that most if not all of the Beornings can muster the change. Most do so only in great need or at festivals that come with the changing of the seasons and phases of the moon. No stranger has ever witnessed the transformation. Beorning women also have this ability, and they share the robust physicality of the Beornings.
- The Beornings do not eat animals, but live in the main on cream, honey from their Bee pastures and crops that they cultivate themselves in their rich gardens.
- Playable Classes: Beorning
- Starting Area: Vales of Anduin
- The Beorning was added with Update 15 - Gondor Aflame - November 5, 2014
- Beornings take names influenced by Old Norse.
- Grimbeorn, Folhúth, and Gultoth are examples of Beorning names.
- Common masculine name endings for beornings are -beorn, -bert, -brand, -gils, -mark, -fast, -geir, -har, karl, -mar, -moth, -mund, -rath, -rek, -styr, - thorn, -bald, -var, -vat, -vir, and -vith.
- Common prefixes are Ag-, Arn-, Bald-, Borg-, Both-, Dag-, Dreng-, Eld-, Forn-, Froth-, Gal-, Glum-, Gluth-, Heim-, Hroth-, Is-, Jarn-, Lyth-, Moth-, Nef-, Oth-, Rath-, Rand-, Skal-, Stig-, Throt-, Vald-, and Vig-.
- Langhár, Ethid and Berafrith are examples of Beorning names.
- Common feminine name endings for Beornings are -a, -dis, -eith, -fast, -firth, -garth, -gifu, -gun, -hild, -la, -laug, -lin, -loth, otta, -ny, -run, -thrith, -bi, and -vor.
- Common prefixes are Arin-, Bog-, Bera-, Birn-, Dis-, Dom-, Dyr-, Eir-, Esil-, Eth-, Ey-, Fast-, Feor-, Gerth-, Gis-, Gud-, Hall-, Har-, Hrim-, Huld-, Hun-, Ingi-, Jor-, Kat-, Is-, Lif-, Leot-, Mar-, Od-, Ol-, Ran-, Sal-, Sig-, Sol-, Svan,- Una-, and Vil-.
- All Beornings are decended from Beorn and live in the Vales of Anduin
- For details see Beorning (Race) Traits
|Bake a Honey-cake||Enables Bake a Honey-cake ability, 5s cooldown||13||Enmity of the Goblins (50)|
|Return to Grimbeorn's Lodge||Enables you to teleport back to Grimbeorn’s Lodge||18||Enmity of the Goblins II (100)|
|Beorning Club and Axe-damage Bonus||+5% to 1H & 2H Club and Axe damage||25||Enmity of the Goblins III (150)|
|Emissary||+20 Fate||15||Enmity of the Spiders (50)|
|Might and Conviction Bonus||+5% to Fellowship Manoeuvre damage and healing||29||Enmity of the Spiders II (150)|
|Bracing Roar||Enables Bracing Roar ability||35||Enmity of the Spiders III (250)|
|Feral Presence||Enables Feral Presence ability||30||Enmity of the Orcs (100)|
|Natural Diet||+1% Disease Resistance||35||Enmity of the Orcs II (150)|
|Virtuous Beorning||+1 Fortitude, Empathy, and Honour||30||Complete Hatred of Bear and Man|
These are obtained via completion of Beorning Racial Deeds.
Beornings of Lore