- Cooldown: 5s
- "Loot from this box can range from marks, potions or cosmetics all the way up to rare mounts and special gear. Locked boxes can be traded or sold and Sturdy Steel keys are required to unlock them. Sturdy Steel Keys can be found as drops from any creature in the world or on the Lotro store."
This is a general page with information that is shared by all variations of Steel-bound Lootboxes.
- Traveller's and Adventurer's Lootboxes are a rare world drop, while the older Forgotten Boxes are purchasable from Dusty the Forgotten Box Vendor inside Lalia's Market in Bree for 1 32 each. Lootboxes are not Bound.
- To open a Lootbox, either a Sturdy Steel Key or Black Steel Key is required. These keys can only be obtained from other players or purchased from the Lotro Store. See "Opening a Lootbox" below.
- * Black Steel Keys and Sturdy Steel Keys are not interchangeable. If a box requires a Sturdy Steel Key a Black Steel Key will not open it, and vice versa.
- * Standing Stone Games has released information about some of the items available in the game's Hobbit Presents and Lootboxes, so you have a better understanding of what can be obtained. The information below will change over time as items are changed, and the systems themselves are updated.
With the original Lootboxes, the level of the Lootbox determines the level of the items it yields. For the current Traveller's and Adventurer's Lootboxes, the player's level determines the level of the items yielded.
Opening a Lootbox
Right-click a Sturdy Steel Key, Black Steel Key or a Lootbox and a dialogue window will be raised. Select which lootbox you wish to open, also if having just one box. Press "Apply" which will open yet another dialogue that asks you to verify your wish to unlock the lootbox, which will consume they key; press "yes" or "no".