|Instance:||Garth Agarwen: Fortress|
He is the personal guardian of Naruhel, known commonly as the Red-Maid, and he stands guard in front of the doorway which leads to her chamber. To enter that door Vatar must be defeated.
-  Rings of Rhudaur - Fellowship
Once engaged, a short in-game sequence plays before the fight. The fight itself can be divided into two "phases":
- He appears not to use any special abilities during this phase, and hits moderately hard.
Phase 1 lasts until Vatar's morale reaches 1%, at which point he falls to the ground. Shortly thereafter he summons five or six Creeping Muck-crawler adds that can easily be killed with area-of-effect damage. He enters Phase 2 after they are all defeated.
- Self-heals initally, bringing his morale back up to 100% (not interruptable).
- Summons 3-4 Creeping Muck-Crawlers approximately every 20 seconds.
- Continues to hit for the same damage as previously.
Vatar is defeated when his morale is fully brought down a second time. The Creeping Muck-Crawlers remain and must be dealt with sooner or later.
- "Excuse my creaking bones. It has been quite some time since the last sacrifice."
- "I sense you are not here for sacrificial reasons, however."
- "We are here to protect her. This is what happens to those who cross us!"
- "That is a wise choice. I shall exist long after you are gone, and she must have a warden."
- "Fools! You shall not pass to visit the Maiden. I will see to that."
- "I have no time for you fools!"
- "Not even the chosen of Iarwain Ben-adar can defeat me. You, too, shall pay this price."
- "Let us begin!"
- "...and so the dead shall rise!" (When starting Phase 2 of the battle)
|Bosses of Garth Agarwen
|Dúnlang • Edan & Esyld • Grimbark • Ivar the Blood-hand • Naruhel • Raugzdrok • Rot-heart • Temair the Devoted • Vatar|