Hi there, just wanted to give you a warm welcome to the wiki! :) As you well know there is a lot to be done here, and if you plan on contributing regularly I recommend you check out our IRC Channel, #lotro-wiki on freenode. If you have any questions and the various help documentations can't answer them, one of the other editors definitely can. Oh, and I'll add you to the contributors, so you may want to create your own user page. --Fedaykin 18:14, 1 February 2008 (PST)
Hey peoples! Started playing after years of not looking back twice. I am having fun with it again so i might just have to stick around this time. We shall see. I miss this place. Rogue (talk) 23:37, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
- And this place misses you! Hi Rogue! Trying to be sneaky again, eh? I'm only playing sort of part-time at the moment myself, but it's always nice to stay in touch with the wiki.
- looks down at the other two topics on this page
- I promise I'm not stalking your entrances and exits over the years, despite all evidence to the contrary. -- Elinnea (talk) 00:47, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hello Rogue, welcome back, i will look for you on discord sometime, it's been awhile --Lotroadmin (talk) 02:50, 6 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Rogue! Great to hear from you! Don't think you can slip in and out unnoticed. ;) -- Elinnea (talk) 15:20, 27 July 2013 (EDT)
As many of you may have noticed I am not around anymore. Let me tell you that I miss all my people here and I know I've left our wonderful wiki in very capable hands. I am currently back in school for web design (3/4 time) and still have my part-time job (20hrs/week). I also started TORpedia but honestly haven't been able to give that my full attention either. I am not saying good-bye, just for now. I would love to get back here and see the changes and help out again! I understand that the new expansion is coming out this fall, Rohan at last!! I'll do my best to be around for that event!! Take care my wiki'ers. Rogue (talk) 14:40, 25 January 2012 (EST)
- Indeed we have noticed and wondered where you were. Great to hear you are doing well and I wish you all the best with your studies. And with TOR ;)
- We try our best to continue to improve and make this a great place to be at. And to make it a great place to come back to whenever you have more time. Cheers.
Zimoon (talk) 15:37, 25 January 2012 (EST)
- You will be (and already are) missed around here! Thanks for leaving a note, it's nice to know what you're up to. I also wish you well with your studies, and hope you'll learn a lot and take care of yourself! We'll watch for your return, whenever that time may come. :D -- Elinnea (talk) 15:46, 25 January 2012 (EST)
The Layout looks good Looks good, I also believe there is a Hedgehog as well but I have not see the vendor selling it yet.
The only thing the current pets list has that the new may need is chronological order of release of the pet so peeps can know whats new.
PaleFolk / Pale-folk
Fancy Amazing LotRO Article Archive
Turbine points -> LOTRO points
I made most of the last changes regarding that but there is still one last article that I can't change: Template:Deed/Preload. Can you change the TP-reward to LP-reward?
- Done --- I did notice that the Preload has some code showing and should be looked at again to see where that error is coming from -- in the pre? I looked but i am also exhausted atm. Rogue (talk) 19:07, 20 September 2018 (UTC)
Re: Fixed Images
Alright, thanks for the feedback. I will be better about waiting until the brightest time of day to take screenshots next time. Unfortunately, a lot of them are in places where it's never bright, because they're in instances, interiors, or constantly overcast places. In those cases, I may need to do as you suggested and let someone whose computer can take better screenshots handle it.
Do you think it would be worth my time to mess around in GIMP to see if I can find a good balance of detail and brightness? I was reluctant to artificially brighten my screenshots because I was afraid of this, but I might still be able to find a way to make them better if I'm more careful. Or if you would rather, I can set that aside and go on to fixing other things, like my over-detailed quest and NPC articles, and the multi-section creature pages that I need to split up. Gnagerwine (talk) 14:10, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
Scratch that question, I should be able to figure it out for myself. I'll take screenshots when it's light out, and make sure I can highlight an NPC or creature when screenshotting them in dark places. I might try to see if I can go back and do a better job at artificially brightening the always dark places, but I'm going to make the things I know I can fix a priority. Gnagerwine (talk) 14:21, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
Just realized what I should really do is find a really dark place and mess around with my in-game light settings to see if I can get a decent image that way. If I can do that, I should be able to take good pictures anywhere. Gnagerwine (talk) 15:20, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, I was thinking of doing that - just getting a few test images checked. But I left Discord because I am trying to focus on doing things myself, without asking others for help on things I need to figure out myself. I'll rejoin Discord so I can see if you all think I can take decent quality images, and stay in there if you think I should. Gnagerwine (talk) 02:07, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Update: dangit, increasing the brightness and gamma doesn't seem to change how screenshots turn out. Cranking up Ambient Light helps, but might not be enough on its own. But I have my graphics quality turned up all the way. What else could make a difference? Shouldn't I be able to brighten my images as well as anyone else? (Also, sorry for the duplicate images on Ondoher's Folly. Was trying to re-upload the original header image without the -1 suffix.) Gnagerwine (talk) 02:37, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
Template:Infobox Landmarks rollback more
You have done excellent work for a long time, but I think this one got away from you. The Template:Infobox Landmarks is still not fixed. Its not showing the image and its not categorizing anything either, see Category:Landmarks. Keep up the good work. Matthew.zellmer (talk) 18:09, 16 October 2018 (UTC)