Update 25.4 - March 3, 2020
Index to all release notes
Update 25.4 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 25.4, released on Wednesday, March 4th.
Of Special Note
Remmorchant, The Net of Darkness
"Far beneath the Ephel Duath, in the deepest caverns of Torech Ungol, lies the Remmorchant, the Net of Darkness. There, wreathed in webs of shadow only the Light of Eärendil might hope to penetrate, lies the lair of Ungwetari, the last child of Ungoliant."
A new raid is now available to any player with access to the Minas Morgul expansion. The raid is currently available on Tiers 1 and 2.
News and Notes:
- Several classes have had their Stun removal skill cooldowns reduced to 60 seconds. Trait and item effects on these cooldowns for the affected skills have also been adjusted.
- The balance of defensive stats versus vitality has been tweaked to encourage more variety in itemization in defensive builds.
- Partial Avoidances are now less expensive to cap.
- The itemization budget for avoidances and incoming healing has been slightly increased.
- The itemization budget for tactical mitigation has been slightly reduced.
- The itemization budget for Vitality and health has been reduced by about 5%.
- A bug has been fixed that reduced certain ratings in the later game.
- Noble Mark has been redesigned, and now allows the Captain to heal up to 3% every 3 seconds when they land a skill attack against any opponent. Noble Mark's range is now only 12 meters, requiring the Captain to remain in close proximity to their marked target to maintain the effect.
- Blade and Strike skill damage has been increased.
- Area of Effect poison cure now has a longer cooldown, and the single target cure now has a cooldown.
- Hunter direct damage has been increased slightly across the board to compensate.
- Friend of the Animals summoning skills will no longer noticeably delay the use of your next queued skill. This change does not apply to the Sic-em skill.
- Searing Embers refreshed by Set Gear bonuses should now do their appropriate damage.
- Never Surrender now grants its proper 5% mitigation bonus instead of 50%.
- Universal Optional Crafting Ingredients are now available starting at level 20 for completing Tasks each week. These ingredients can also be awarded for completing certain quests during the Spring, Anniversary, Summer, Harvestmath, and Yuletide festivals. Universal Optional Ingredients can be used in a crafting recipe to guarantee a critical success.
- More than one Optional Ingredient can now be used at a time. If multiple optional ingredients are checked, one of each ingredient checked will be consumed upon recipe execution.
- Malleable Moonlit Essences will no longer be able to go into your Crafting Carry-alls as the Crafting system is unable to recognize these essences properly. If you already have placed Malleable Moonlit Essences into a Carry-all, remove them in order to use them to craft new essences.
- Crafting recipe cooldowns can now be reset using Mithril.
- The Woodworker Recipe "Elite Vanguard's Hammer of Minas Ithil" now offers weapons with Agility as the main stat.
- The Woodworker Recipe "Elite Vanguard's Bow of Minas Ithil" now offers weapons with Agility as the main stat.
- The Woodworker Recipe "Elite Vanguard's Club of Minas Ithil" now offers weapons with Agility as the main stat.
- Standards of Hope from Crafting Tier 11 and onward now give Vitality and Tactical Mitigation instead of Maximum Morale.
- The Deed Remmorchant, the Net of Darkness - The Ganguard is available for Tier 2 completion of the raid through April 15th, 2020. The Tier 3 completion deed is not yet available.
- Glimmering Ithil Relics are now available in Minas Morgul instances at all group sizes and difficulties.
- The Sealed Ithil Runes of Striking, Enchantment, and Binding offered for barter by the White Company Quartermaster in Estolad Lân now correctly bind on acquire. If these sealed runes are already in your inventory, they will immediately bind to your account. If they are taken out of storage, mail, auction house, etc. they will bind to the account of that character.
- Adventurer's gear is now base item level 412, with the chance to create at up to item level 417.
- Class-specific silk-steel, silk-hide, and silk-weave armour can be traded in for a comparable piece at the Remmorchant Quartermasters in Estolad Lan.
- A new Imlad Morgul Instance Rewards Quartermaster in Estolad Lan will allow you to barter Embers of Enchantment to receive gear from the Minas Morgul instances as long as you have completed the appropriate tiered instance completion deed.
- Legendary Worlds
- The Erebor raid armour sets are now available for barter at the Skirmish Camp once the appropriate Road to Erebor deed has been completed.
- Anorien pet food now pulls correct stats for a level 100 item.
- The stats for most low-level crafted jewelery have been reworked to provide more modern stats.
- Most low-level gear has been updated to use modern itemization tables. This means the gear will generally have more complex statting, and these stat layouts will conform more to modern standards. In particular Light, Medium, and Heavy armor at low levels will now almost always conform to the proper main stat for the classes that can equip them. They may still include off-main stats for color or to allow more creative off-type gearing, but they will now almost always include the class main stat and some vitality/health in order to make it scale more effectively. Because many pieces of low-level gear featured only 1 or 2 stats, while the new versions generally have at least 3, you will often find that the points are distributed differently than before. Some existing stats may drop as a result, but in general the overall value of the pieces should improve.
- Ithilharn Shards are now awarded for completing the following weekly quests: Imlad Morgul: The Reclamation, Imlad Morgul: Vale of Sorcery, and Imlad Morgul: Continued Threats
- New Flooring (Carpets) for Housing can be purchased from Rolf Bracegirdle, Bill Twiggins, and Galiana Squibb.
- Discrepancies between crafted Legendary weapons and scaling Legendary weapons have been rectified. Most players will see an increase in their damage as a result, but others at a few levels may see a slight decrease in damage.
- Javelins are now categorized properly in the Wardrobe.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Reduced HP on: Memory of Sauron, Spirit of Hatred, Spirit of Rage, Fell-spirit (Skorgrim)
- Increased Target Cooldown on Chilling Wind
- Reduced damage on: Weight of Failure, Fixation on the Past, Spiteful Words, Chilling Wind
- Reduced Offense on: Guldur Sorcerer, Guldur Lore-master, Gorothúl
- North Ithilien: Fire Beneath the Shadow instance - Over level spawns have been removed from the quest instance.
- Tooltips have been corrected for inaccessible stable routes.
- DX11 interactive water will now work properly on 64-bit clients.
- Performance improvements have been made to client-side landscape loading.
- Virtues can now advance to a maximum of Tier 68.
- The jingling bell sound has been removed from several travel steeds where it was not appropriate.