The Barrow-downs (Deed)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Barrow-downs are south-west of Bree. For many generations of the Dúnedain of Cardolan buried their dead within the Downs, until Great Plague destroyed the last vestiges of Cardolan, and spirits from Angmar claimed the barrows. Now only the most brave - or most foolhardy - dare venture therein.
To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Find the following places:
- Find Northern Barrows
- The path from the Great East Road into the Barrow-downs passes through the wight-haunted Northern Barrows.
- Find The Dead Spire
- This stone pillar stands amidst the barrows, pointing skyward like a warning finger. Even in the heat of the day, the stone of the Dead Spire is cold and casts no shadow.
- Find The Dead Man's Perch
- This bluff overlooks the town of Bree. Some Bree-folk claim to have seen the Dead walking upon the ridge.
- Find The Great Barrow
- Othrongroth, the Great Barrow, is the oldest and deepest of the ancient barrows of the Edain, the first builders of the barrows.
- Find Ost Gorthad
- Now fallen into decay, Ost Gorthad once stood proudly as the last bastion of the Dúnedain of Cardolan against the ravages of Angmar.
|5 LOTRO Points|
|Increased Reputation with Men of Bree ( 500 )|
- This deed is available at level 10.
- This deed contributes to the Explorer of Bree-land meta-deed.