Talk:Character Stat Derivations
@Gisel Avaleazar - I don't believe your values (1.71 for all classes) for icpr for Fate are correct. On my Guardian I have 215 Fate and tooltip says that contributes 607 points to icpr (which is a factor of ~2.8) and on my Rune-keeper I have 176 Fate and tooltip says that contributes 540 points to icpr (which is a factor of ~3.1). Finally my Hunter has 508 Fate and tooltip shows 1108 points to icpr (factor of ~2.2). So either the derivations for each class are different or there is a curved/logarithmic scale in play here. --Gaerlin (talk) 14:52, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
- Take a look in In-Combat Power Regeneration. ICPR = (Base Class ICPR) + (Racial ICPR Modifier) + (Fate * 1.71) + (Equipment bonuses). It looks like nobody of your chars is a Dwarf. 240 + 0 + 215 * 1.71 = 607.65 ~ 607; 240 + 0 + 176 * 1.71 = 540.96 ~ 540;240 + 0 + 508 * 1.71 = 1108.68 ~ 1108 ;-). Barny (talk) 16:35, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
- Keep in mind that Turbine is constantly tweaking stats and balance - between one update and the next and from patch to patch. Sadly, Turbine never announces any of these "tweeks" -- they just mention (occasionally) that it is an ongoing process. And recently with the renewed emphisis on PvMP, class stats have apparently also been tweeked! (And if you believe the forums, some, like the Warden, significantly!) What was true yesterday many not be true today. And this chart is from last summmer!
- Which is another way of saying -- since we do not know the actual forumlas which Turbine uses, we (i.e. Gisel) works with the in-game data from characters and then works backwards to determine the forumla. I am far from a mathmetician and can only look-on Gisel's work with awe.
- Thank you and please keep posting stats as you encounter them. It is the only way we can keep up with Turbine's changes.
- Oh, and BTW, the Tool-tips are also notorious for being wrong!
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 18:46, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, In-Combat Power Regeneration is correct. The tooltip is showing Fate contribution(Fate*1.71) plus the base value.
- So, this tooltip is not correct, because you get always that base value. It's not a contribution from that stat.
- And btw, everything is under control so far with U18 changes. It's a good thing that we have Bullroarer for doing some data mining. :)
- I think that it is not unlikely that some corrections will come considering the partial BPE changes, so I'll wait with making graphs for Lotro-wiki until after the launch. I made the mitigation graph already, because it's probably going to stay.
- --Gisel Avaleazar (talk) 19:06, 30 March 2016 (UTC)