|Level:||50 - 120|
|Cluster:||Ashes of Osgiliath|
Mablung in the Osgiliath Culverts provides the quest Lost, But Not Forgotten. Finishing this unlocks Ashes and Stars, Chapter 1 which starts a quest chain leading through all three instances in Osgiliath.
- There are various mobs around, darklings (slugs), abominations, etc., and they get harder as you go along.
- The first set of gates requires two or three people (or some sort of run speed buff). There are levers at A, B, and C which must be pulled within a minute or so of each other (order is irrelevant), and which open the gate at B. There are three levers at D -- the middle one opens the gate straight ahead. It's recommended that, in a three-person fellowship, the A and C lever pullers pull theirs at the same time then run to B where the lever is pulled so that all three may enter the D room at the same time. Bug Note: If you are doing this only for the Trait Point, use whatever class or racial speed buffs you have after you clear the first area. Note that coffee will not work in combat, so clear the area first. The gate does not stay open for long, so the same strategy should be followed, doing B last so you can walk through. Also the gate is bugged and no combination will open it sometimes. Just leave instance and start a new one if this happens. You can solo this at some lower level if you're just doing it for the trait point.
- In the next area, there are roaming abomination workers and slugs roaming past the opening, pull and dispose of those. Just inside are rats. After you clean out that area, go around the bend and you'll start encountering the mutant orc abomination archers and warrior.
- The first boss is found at E. During the fight, an outlet will periodically randomly open somewhere in the maze of his room, and unless it is shut it will continue to spawn another wave of adds. Fight in the center(ish) and watch which direction the adds come from to know which direction to go to shut the outlet. The boss has terrible body odor, and is gaseous.
- After the boss at E, the levers at F must be worked to advance. The combination is currently 2 and 4 from the left hand side.
- If you are on Ashes and Stars Chapter 2, there is a notebook at the camp at G which must be discovered to advance the quest.
- The final boss is at H. After defeating him, a mysterious ranger will run away. If you didn't find the notebook at G, the Ashes and Stars quest will not advance. If you leave the instance then go back inside and get the notebook, then once you reenter H you will again see the mysterious ranger run away. This time, when you leave the instance, the quest will advance.
All three Osgiliath Instances share their T1 and T2 loot pools. T2 Challenge Chests can yield additional items from the t2 pool.
Tier 1 Loot
Tier 2 Loot
Level 90 Tier 2 Loot
Level 100-105 Tier 2 Loot
Level 115 Tier 2 Loot
Level 100 Tier 2 Challenge Chest
|Ashes of Osgiliath Instances|
|Small fellowship:||Sunken Labyrinth • The Ruined City|
|Fellowship:||The Dome of Stars|