The Gift of Greenleaves
"My story begins not long ago, at the Elven ruins of Rhosgobel."
While waiting for Grimbeorn's answer, Legolas recalls a recent story told to him by King Thranduil.
Listen to Legolas.
- You listen to Legolas.
- Let Legolas tell his story
Let Legolas tell his story.
- Legolas says, "Knowing that the War was over, King Thranduil set out for the south."
- Legolas says, "At the Narrows he met with Lord Celeborn of Lórien."
- Legolas says, "Celeborn was travelling north with word of his people’s own victory at Dol Guldur."
- Legolas says, "There at Laerlad they called a meeting between the Elves and the Woodmen."
- Odahild says, "It has been a long while since last we saw you at Rhosgobel."
- Ríkmar says, "Radagast, why have you called us here?"
- Radagast says, "It is good to see you both, my friends. It has been far too long, and much has kept me away from Laerlad."
- Radagast says, "I have summoned you here on the behalves of Celeborn and Thranduil."
- Ríkmar says, "What do the Elves wish to speak with us about?"
- Odahild says, "I agree with Ríkmar. Where are these Elves then?"
- Radagast says, "They wish to speak with you about these woods. They should be arriving at any moment."
- Radagast says, "Ah, here they are!"
- Celeborn says, "It is good of all of you to meet us here at the Narrows of the Mirkwood."
- King Thranduil says, "Radgast, I thank you for hosting us at Rhosgobel."
- King Thranduil says, "Now, as you may be aware, the War is over, and Dol Guldur has been broken and laid bare."
- Celeborn says, "The darkness of the Mirkwood has been halted. With this we wish to reclaim the Mirkwood."
- King Thranduil says, "We desire to involve you, the Woodmen, in this claim."
- King Thranduil says, "We shall divide the Mirkwood in three. Does claim of the Narrows befit the Woodmen?"
- Odahild says, "We have lived in these woods for many years. This is our home and sanctified claim upon them would be an honour."
- Ríkmar says, "Aye, this would be acceptable. It has been long since any of my people ventured past the eaves."
- Celeborn says, "Good, then I shall claim the southern wood."
- King Thranduil says, "The northern wood shall remain under my watch."
- Celeborn says, "From this moment forward the Mirkwood shall now be known as Eryn Lasgalen, the Wood of Greenleaves."
- King Thranduil says, "We shall begin the long toil of restoring the woods to its former beauty. May the Woodmen prosper."
- Odahild says, "We thank you."
- Ríkmar says, "Travel safe, friends."
- Legolas says, "With that, the Woodmen departed. Celeborn and Thranduil had set into motion a great change for all in Rhovanion."
Legolas can be found at the Beorninghús in the Beorning-lands.
You should talk to Legolas.
- Legolas: 'Now you too know how the Woodmen were granted the middle woods of Eryn Lasgalen. I hope the story will be helpful in your dealings with the Woodmen of the Vales of Anduin.'