Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Explore the area of Nud-melek which encompasses the eastern halls of Moria.
To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Find The First Hall
- The First Hall was the original entrance to Khazad-dûm, where Durin first set foot within the caverns that would one day become the greatest city of the dwarves. Moria was indeed the most enduring city of any people in the long history of Middle-earth, until at last it fell and the end came, as it must to all things.
- Find Khadar-zarâm
- This vast array of stairs allows one to descend from the seat of Durin's power to the greatest hall in all of Khazad-dûm. Originally a vast natural cavern supported by massive pillars of stone, over the long years the dwarves gradual worked it into a wonder of craftsmanship, with a forest of pillars carved into great trees supporting the weight of an entire mountain above.
- Find The Deep Crossroad
- This junction between the vast hall in Nud-melek and the Chamber of Mazarbul farther to the west seems unimportant in the vastness of Moria, but for some reason Mazog's Orcs guard it with a keen vigilance and attack all passersby therein.
- Find Khurjezer
- Khurjezer appears to be the only remaining bridge across the lesser chasm that has rent the great hall of Nud-melek. This chasm does not appear in the ancient maps of Khazad-dûm, and it is possible that an earthquake ripped it apart in the years shortly before the appearance of Durin's Bane.
- Find the Bridge of Khazad-dûm (west arch)
- The bridge of Khazad-dûm was conceived as an ancient defence designed to deter any who might seek to invade the city. The chasm it crosses is among the largest in Moria, and has been here since the city was founded so many long years ago. Its depths seem wholly bottomless to the reckoning of a mortal eye. Now the bridge lies in ruins, its western span jutting forlornly out over the depths of the chasm, the very stone shattered and charred by unknown forces.
- Find the Bridge of Khazad-dûm (east arch)
- The bridge of Khazad-dûm has stood over this great chasm for many an age, but does so no more. THe eastern span now reaches out like a finger pointing into the darkness beyond. It seems that whatever destroyed the bridge, it fell not so long ago, as flakes of rock can still be seen to occasionally crack away from teh shattered tip to fall away into the chasm, and fresh arrows pepper the stonework.
- Find Sudulthurkh
- This great course of stone offers a path to the upper caverns that could be traversed -- albeit with some difficulty -- by waggons or loaded vehicles. The path below also offers the only alternate road into Moria now that the bridge of Khazad-dûm lies ruined.
|5 LOTRO Points|
|4000 Virtue Experience|
|Increased Reputation with Iron Garrison Miners ( 500 )|
- This deed contributes to the Explorer of Khazad-dûm meta-deed.