- Cooldown: 5s
- "Loot from this box can range from food, potions or cosmetics all the way up to rare mounts and special gear. Locked boxes can be traded or sold and Sturdy Steel keys are required to unlock them. Sturdy Steel Keys can be found as drops from any creature in the world or on the LotRO store."
- This is a generic page with information that is shared by all variations of Steel-bound Lootboxes. Such a box is a rare world drop.
- Lootboxes are not Bound and can be bought or sold at the Auction House - usually for rediculous amounts of gold, especially since then one must also acquire a Key to open them!
- To open a lootbox a Sturdy Steel Key is required. Those keys are also obtained as a rare world drop, rewards for certain quests, or purchased from the Lotro Store. See "Opening a Lootbox" below.
- *** Gorgoroth and Hero's Steel-bound Lootboxes need a Black Steel Key and therefore cannot be opened with a Sturdy Steel Key.
- Standing Stone Games has released information about some of the items available in the game's Hobbit Presents and Lootboxes, so you have a better understanding of what can be obtained. The information below will change over time as items are changed, and the systems themselves are updated.
- The level of the dropped lootbox depends on the level of the bested creature. Likewise, the level of the lootbox determines the level of the items it yields.
Opening a Lootbox
- Right-click a Sturdy Steel Key, Black Steel Key or a Lootbox and a dialogue window will be raised. Select which lootbox you wish to open, also if having just one box. Press "Apply" which will open yet another dialogue that asks you to verify your wish to unlock the lootbox, which will consume they key; press "yes" or "no".
- NOTE: As of Update 21.0.2, you CANNOT search the LOTRO-Store for the "Black Steel Key", it finds nothing. However, if you click on the Gorgoroth Steel-bound Lootbox, instead of the window noted, an entry will appear in your "Alert Window" with a link the LOTRO Store and the key.