To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Find The stained button (found near main entrance)
- A brass button stained with something... blood perhaps?
In any case, it certainly is not a goblin-relic – it looks more like something you would find on hobbit’s waistcoat...
- Find The tarnished button
- This odd little brass button is heavily tarnished and worse for wear – but it seems that at some point it would have set well upon a rather fine coat or jacket. How did goblins get this?
- Find The polished button (found in Thundergrot)
- This brass button is old and worse for wear, but it looks like some curious goblin has polished it recently. He must have carried it as a keepsake of some sort.
- Find The scratched button (found in Western War Steadings)
- How odd – a brass waistcoat button in the depths of Goblin-town? The face of the button appears to have been heavily scratched, perhaps against a rock face at some point in the distant past.
- Find The bent button
- This bit of brass finery seems out of place in the dark warrens of Goblin-town. It also seems to have been bent, perhaps in whatever incident separated it from the waistcoat it once must have secured.
- Find The shiny button (found in Eastern War Steadings)
- This brass button looks surprisingly well-kept, and you can still faintly see the etched design on it that marks it as being of Shire manufacture – but what hobbit in his right mind would venture into the depths of Goblin-town wearing a waistcoat!?
- Find The broken cufflink (found in Eglanur)
- Interesting – this appears to be a cufflink that might have once been in fashion among the hobbits of the Shire, but the post has snapped, and it is of little value now.
- Find The blackened cufflink
- This cufflink looks like it might have once been a rather fine piece of jewellery – likely of hobbit-make – but it appears to have been badly marred and blackened when some clumsy goblin dropped it into a fire pit some time ago.
Bilbo's Buttons - blue ring quest text
If you visit Bilbo in Rivendell while this deed is active you can talk to him:
Bilbo: 'Say now, what's that you have there? Buttons? Oh my, and here I had thought I'd seen the last of them so many years ago. Where did you find these? Ah, they do bring back the memories of my youth. Now that was a proper adventure, let me tell you. You should have seen us! Swords flashing, goblins biting! That and the most dangerous game of riddles I've ever played in my life, I daresay!
'Those were the days...and you've reminded me, I've got to get back to my book. I had quite forgotten to add that bit about my scrape at the back door! Don't let me hold you up with my rambling. We have all got important things to do!
'Oh? The buttons? Never you mind. I had given up on them for good long ago, and they do look quite the worse for wear, don't they? Can't imagine what the goblins held onto them all this time for. Keep them if you wish!'
|10 LOTRO Points|
|2000 Virtue Experience|
|Increased Reputation with Elves of Rivendell ( 500 )|
- This deed contributes to the Explorer of the Misty Mountains meta-deed.
Any of these will begin this deed:
- Stained button: A distance inside The Mountain's Throat entrance to Goblin-town Tunnels. Stay to the right and look for a Debris Pile.
- Polished button: In Thundergrot, from the bottom of the stairs hug the left wall and look for a refuse pile.
- Scratched button: In the War Steadings in a battered chest at the bottom of the stairs in the western wing by Narash, Bhoghad's Champion. For detailed instructions see War Steadings#Directions.
- Shiny button: In the War Steadings in a discarded pouch near Dâgal the Observer. For detailed instructions see War Steadings#Directions.
- Broken cufflink: In a ruined bag south of Eglanúr. Next to Matuga the Torturer.
Once the deed is started, these are random drops from goblins in Goblin-town:
- Bent button
- Blackened cufflink
- Tarnished button