Update 28 - Tuesday October 20, 2020
Update 28 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 28: War of Three Peaks, released on Tuesday, October 20th.
Of Special Note
War of Three Peaks
Prince Durin, son of King Thorin Stonehelm, leads his armies to reclaim Gundabad, the Mountain-home of his people! As the Longbeards, Zhélruka, and Stout-axes assemble to lay siege to the great fortress, Orcs led by Gorgar the Ruthless, son of Bolg and brother of Mazog, meet them in battle -- the War of Three Peaks begins!
Amdân Dammul, the Bloody Threshold
"The final battle of the War of Three Peaks has begun. Prince Durin Stonehelmson of the Longbeards leads the Gabil'akkâ , a great host of united dwarves, to the very gates of Mount Gundabad. But Gorgar the Ruthless, son of Bolg, has one last surprise in store for those who would seek to usurp him...."
Shakalush, the Stair Battle
"It is on the stairs of Bagûd-mekhem, the Gate of Winds, that a decisive battle of the War of Three Peaks is to be fought. There, caught between those loyal to Gorgar the Ruthless and Hrímil Frost-heart, the Gabil'akkâ hope to deal a devastating blow to both of these forces in a single stroke."
- This six person instance is now available to run from difficulty Tiers 1 to 3! Tiers 4 and 5 will be released in the future.
"Prince Durin Stonehelmson of the Longbeards has declared his intention to retake Gundabad for the dwarves! He needs heroes like you to aid in the war effort if there is any hope of succeeding against the Orc army."
Missions are a new way for one or two people to play together between levels 20 and 130! Players can access the Missions hub by visiting a Gabil'akkâ Stable-master, located near other stable masters including:
- Thorin's Gate
- The Twenty-first Hall
- Glóin's Camp
- The Dolven-view
- Magh Ashtu
- Minas Tirith (Midsummer).
The Gabil'akkâ stable-masters will take you to the Annâk-khurfu (War Room) in Elderslade, where you can begin your experience with Missions. Missions are a great way to earn leveling loot and more, and are also an excellent way for players to level regardless of what level they are in the game. Check them out!
News and Notes:
- The burglar skill "Throw Knife" no longer advances the deed "Trickster" because it's not a trick.
- The burglar skills Mischievous Glee, Mischievous Delight, Startling Twist, and Clever Retort no longer advance the deed "Perplexing Riddle".
- Thrill of Battle's cooldown has been reduced from 20 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Stoic Bubble now provides a damage reduction during its effect rather than a heal on expiration.
- Break Ranks now applies a group-wide buff rather than an individual buff. The skill is now triggered by Shield-taunt rather than Shield-smash. This buff can only be triggered once every 60 seconds.
- Fortification can now begin rebuilding immediately after being cashed out.
- Guardian Trait "Bellow" reduces Challenge's cooldown by 5 seconds per rank. The Trait tooltip has been updated to reflect this.
- Horn of Champions trait now has two tiers - the first grants the skill, the second makes it taunt.
- Deafening Horn trait now only has one tier, which grants the full effect bonus to the skill (+40% damage, +4 targets).
- Hunter trait "Strong Draw" affects only bow-skills, and its tooltip has been updated to reflect that.
- The tooltip for the Lore-master trait set bonus "Fellowship Friend" has been updated to detail which buffs are offered by which pets. Additionally, the Eagle now gives the same buff as the Raven.
- The tooltip for the skill Major Ballad (Resonance) has been corrected.
- The minstrel skills "Call of the Second Age" and "Bolster Courage" will no longer advance the deed "Dynamic Performance".
- The Rune-keeper deed "The Prophetic Word" can now be advanced by the skill "Scribe a New Ending".
- The Rune-keeper skill "Scribe a New Ending" may be used while moving.
- Light-type Damage DoTs from the Warden Trait Set-Bonus "Martial Fury" have been re-worked to scale properly with the player's primary weapon.
- Warden Trait Set bonus "Makeshift Caltrops" will no longer affect enemies who are normally immune to Slowing effects.
- The warden skills Marked Target, Diminished Target, and Fire At Will are now categorized as Javelin skills instead of Javelin gambits. This will not change the functionality of the trait Seize the Moment.
- Featured Instance and Featured Challenge armour sets now have appropriate max levels for their set bonuses.
- The Tarnished Sigil of Gondor now goes into the Barter Wallet.
- Elite Wilderland Skirmisher's Helms have been renamed to Coifs to match their recipe name.
- Armour and Jewellery from Traveller's and Adventurer's Lootboxes will now have a maximum of +2 possible item level bumps.
- Adventurer's gear, when opened at level 130, is now base item level 424, with the chance to create at up to item level 426.
- The Curator now offers for barter Pet Bridles and Steed Harnesses for creating housing decorations from your skills.
- The following Beorning armour sets have been converted from medium armour to heavy armour. Their appearances are unaffected. Armour of the Stag, Armour of the Beast of Glân Vraig, Armour of the Bulwark of Glân Vraig, Armour of the Thunderous Roar, Armour of the Osgiliath Claw, Armour of the Osciliath Hide, Armour of the Osgiliath Roar.
- The Rune-keeper Legacy Replacement Scroll "Chill of Winter Damage" actually affects Frost damage. The item's description has been updated to reflect this.
- Slade-wrought (Tier6) and Lesser Slade-wrought (Tier 5) essences are now available from the Adventurer's Quartermaster and Adventurer's Steel-bound lootboxes.
- Filbert Fig has returned and has a new emote and several new housing decorations available for Figments of Splendour. Myrtle Mint has retired for the season. The cosmetics found in Steel-bound lootboxes have also rotated, and match those available from Filbert.
Quests & Adventure Areas
- The number of Embers of Enchantment received for disenchanting armour and jewellery dropped in Minas Morgul Instances, War of Three Peaks Instances, and Askâd-mazal, the Chamber of Shadows has been halved, now that additional sources of Embers of Enchantment are now available.
- Fixed a terrain texture issue in Cirith Ungol.
- Defeat in the Glimmerdeep will no longer send players to far east side of Ered Mithrin.
- A typo has been fixed in the quest To the Last Drop.
- One of the dwarf-folk became a little too buoyant during the instance An Echo in the Mountains and has now been tethered to the floor.
- One of the Frost-horde drakes in Legacy of Durin Chapter 1 was using fire attacks instead of frost attacks. He has now cooled down.
- Lowered the hills surrounding the tower in the Eastfold neighborhood to improve the view.
- Avan Brocktull no longer looks like a monstrosity/partial invisible horror. His fellow townfolk are quite relieved he's on the mend.
- Z-fighting in Towers of the Teeth has been fixed.
- The front door of 8 Ridge Road in the Eastfold Homestead is no longer always open.
- Floating tree in Tal Bruinen has been removed.
- A visual issue in Durthang has been fixed.
- A floating rock in Imlad Balchorth has been removed.
- Town person buried in a planter in the Midsummer Houses of Healing has been removed.
- The milestone in Minas Tirith (Midsummer) no longer has custom text indicating it's in a different area.
- The door to the Great Southern Guesthouse in Minas Tirith (Midsummer) is now labelled.
- Physics has been added to reflecting pools in the Houses of Healing (Midsummer).
- An inaccessible quest item in Carchost is now accessible.
- An inaccessible resource node in Old Forest is now accessible.
- A floating plow in the Shire has been grounded.
- The quest level for Cords of Love has been set to 1 from 10.
- Sapphire Firefly Lanterns now have their correct bug catching location name.
- Typo fixed in Amethyst Firefly Lanterns.
- A death spot in the Elf Allegiance Hall has been fixed.
- A death spot in Bree-town has been fixed.
- A stuck spot in northern Dor Amarth has been fixed.
- A phasing issue on the Carrock in the Vales of Anduin has been fixed between the quests History Etched in Stone and The Pact of Paws and Wings.
- A toggle button has been added to the Trait Configuration panel for displaying Trait Specialization information.
- A binding warning has been added to Essence socketing dialog.
- Race and class information is now available in the character panel.
- The game launcher now has an option to allow you to stay logged in for 8 hours. The down-arrow menu has an option to logout if you need to do so.
- Virtues can now go up to tier 72 for characters at level 130.
- Login times for characters with a lot of completed deeds should be significantly faster.
- Due to an adjustment to crafted legendary items earlier this year, players may end up in a situation where there are negative ranks on their non-imbued Legendary Items. You can correct this problem by using a Scroll of Renewal to reset the Legendary points on the item.
- Some terms in German are pending further review by the translators