|Instance:||The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu|
Zogtark is the fourth boss found in The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu. He enters battle along with two powerful drakes.
- "You will pay for that!"
"My pets, destroy them!"
- +4/+5 Hope Token per Fellowship.
- If your raid is experienced on Zogtark you can do this with either hope herald (captain) or Song of the Hopeful heart/Tale of Warding (Minstrel). Zogtark only gives 5 dread so 1 hope is enough to keep you from cowering.
- Clear the room of trivial mobs. Don't worry about starting the encounter unless you get too close to the two Fire-drake Elders.
- Assign the Main Tank to one of the Fire-drake.
- Assign a ranged off-tank to the second Fire-drake.
Once you get close to the Fire-drake Elders the encounter will start.
Have your tanks tank Fire-drake Elders keeping agro away from the rest of the raid. The rest of the raid takes down the Fire-worms that spawn. Don't damage the two Fire-drake Elders much yet, since both Drakes will take off into the air if either of their morale gets below roughly 20,000.
Once the Fire-worms are down, the entire raid switches to the Main Tank's Fire-drake and puts on as much dps as possible. As it reaches about 20,000 morale the two Fire-drakes will take flight. A Burglar can use a conjunction at the last moment to keep one grounded a bit longer. Continue damaging the first Fire-drake until its morale drops to around 7,000. At this point it will land and stay grounded until defeat. Having a hunter range tank the other drake while the first drake is being killed forces the now tanked drake to not fire randomly on whoever spikes agro (usually it ends up being a minstrel).
Zogtark will have entered the battle at this point, just as the first Fire-drake is defeated. The Main Tank should immediately start tanking him. Tank him away from the remaining Fire-drake to keep him out of range of healing it, with a good place being beside the loot chest. Lore-masters can drain him of power temporarily to interrupt his healing of the drakes.
Have the raid take down the second Fire-drake, then defeat Zogtark.
Fire-worms appear initially from two directions. They shouldn't be a problem if you spread out and take them down either one at the time or with area-of-effect attacks.
The two Fire-drake Elders are ranged so they are hard/impossible to kite. It's best to simply face (and keep) them away from the raid.
- MT tanks one Fire-drake, OT tanks the other
- Raid defeats Fire-worms
- Raid switches to DPS on the MT's Fire-drake
- Burglar conjunction when the Fire-drakes start walking towards Zogtark
- Hunter range tanks OT Fire-drake
- After MT Fire-drake is defeated, MT switches to Zogtark and tanks him by the chest
- Raid switches to OT Fire-drake with all DPS
- When OT Fire-drake is down everyone switches DPS to Zogtark
- Once he is defeated, loot the chest
- Zogtark heals the Fire-drakes and Fire-worms (if any are left)
- Zogtark regenerates power at an incredible rate (can't be permanently drained, but players can interrupt his healing by draining him)
- Drakes take flight at ~20,000 morale, then start spitting fireballs that can hit for over 2,000 Fire damage
|Bosses of The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu|
|Barz • Zurm • Frûz • Zogtark • Narnûlubat • Shadow-eater & Stone-biter • Thrâng • Thaurlach|