Talk:Virtues by Region
Wouldn't it be more helpful to order the regions in the same order in which they appear (from left to right) in the deed log in game? This order is approximately by level (especially for post-Angmar regions) and seems to me to be a more logical order than alphabetical. Lifthil (talk) 04:33, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
- When looking up regions, it is more accessible alphabetically than it is in order of appearance. -- Starbursty (talk) 10:39, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
- I like the LOTRO ordering cause its order by the region level. But everything else on the wiki is alpha ordered. So it would be confusing unless we did it for regions everywhere. Matthew.zellmer (talk) 23:03, 7 May 2014 (UTC)
- Personally, I have mixed feelings.
- I tend to find that splitting the list into the two different (soon to be three) regions makes more sense than one humungous listing (alpha or otherwise).
- Alpha within those regions then becomes a toss-up. I don't have a problem with alphabetical for Eriador, but find that "chronological" makes more sense for Rhovanion -- i.e. the order in which you encounter them -- mainly because "nobody" associates Moria and Lothlorian with Rhonovan, so they always look out of place. And people have no idea what the "official name" of many areas happens to be - "The Great River" vs "Great River - and why is it sorted under "G" instead of "T" as is "The Trollshaws."
- The other issue which surfaces here is "page length". Virtues by Region is a LONG page. Which, from a "graphic design" point of view is "unreadable."
- MediaWiki does a horrible job with differentiation of headings and the like. While they are reasonably differentiated by point-size, EVERYTHING under automatically "justifies left."
- Personally, I grew up with Outlining and Indentation and find that scanning a page which does not contain indenting is very slow reading if I am looking for information. If I am reading a narrative, different story.
- I would tend to make a bunch of "quest boxes" for each area. see: Moria#Named_Creatures_Flake_Collectors_List and West_Rohan#Quests for examples.
- Then you wrap them with "<blockquote></blockquote>" for indenting.
- (Note that I'm ignoring the idea of trying to match the Deed Log in thees comments.)
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 13:14, 8 May 2014 (UTC)