Speculation on Where in the World - is/will be Gondor?
|Paths of the Dead and Dol Amroth: Our second update of the year will kick off a new volume of the Epic Story, featuring the aftermath of the Army of the Dead as they pass through Blackroot Vale. Journey to Dol Amroth, our first Gondorian city and seaside port! You'll also have five new levels to advance your character.|
|Dead Marshes: Between updates, we'll take a small detour to check on wayward Hobbits…|
|Pelargir: Our third update of the year will take you to the great port of Pelargir on the delta of Anduin. Join the Army of the Dead to defeat the Corsairs of Umbar! This update will also include five new levels.|
- Note: "The Corsairs of Umbar" -- is a Games Workshop (White Dwarf) Table Top miniatures game :)
- Corsairs of Umbar - Games Workshop
- Note the "look" of the Easterlings!
- An interesting listing of the licensing over recent years from Citadel:
- Citadel produced a significant number of alternative figures for many of the original mid 1980s Lord of the Rings ME range, most of which are uncatalogued.
- Many of the figures shown here were later rolled into various Warhammer ranges once the LOTR License was lost.
- This was the first range of Lord of the Rings miniatures that Citadel created, taking over from Grenadier in 1985, before the license passed to Mithril Miniatures in 1987(?). the earliest releases were semi solid base, having a small solid base, the latter were slotta based.
Posted by Celebrawn
|This is the area described, with the three major points pointed out, Erech is where we would start, assuming we woudl start from the exit of the Paths of the Dead. If they actually give us all of this, it would be at least as big as all of Rohan, which is why I don't have my hopes up, since it's scheduled to all come out this year, along with the Dead Marshes update. That's a lot of landmass to put out within 8 months, unless tey have had a huge head start on building it already. But I have a feeling it will only be smaller areas based around those cities, since he described the updates by the names of the cities, and not "East/West Gondor", or "Lebennin/Belfalas", etc. I hope I'm wrong though.|
Comments from Hobbit to Isengard - Riddermark - by Rowan
- From [https|//www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?539143-Hobbits-to-Isengard-Q-A-with-Sapience-notes-on-what-was-said&p=7168642#post7168642 Riddermark]
Q23 - Could you share the size of Belfalas compared to other regions Rowan – Belfalas is only one of three areas in this update. And Paths of the Dead is pretty sizeable as well. Sapience – So these are not little bite-sized pieces. Rowan – What we saw in Fangorn recently is what they refer to as a mini-region. It was intended to be a very small place for a single piece of content and to illustrate some of the epic story. These will be more substantial. They’ve got the entire city of Dol Amroth. It’s rather large, actually. Sapience – Can you say if they are going to all be connected or if there are going to be ports? Rowan – It’s all contiguous landscape. You have to cross through the Paths of the Dead to get there. Sapience – So it’s not easy to get to. Rowan – No. And not all the oathbreakers have chosen to follow Aaragorn. Sapience – That sounds like it could be problematic for us as players. Q34 - Do you have any idea how bit the Paths of the Dead will be Rowan – Doesn’t want to talk too much about it and spoil any surprises MadeOfLions has for us. A lot of it involves the epic story. A lot of it involves making volume 4 heroic and that’s totally in his camp. (Some unintelligible stuff elaborating on that). For the most part we are going to be going through and following along after Aaragorn has passed through there. Sapience – That’s a good thing to point out. Generally speaking throughout the game, we are slightly behind the fellowship. So they’re doing the things in the book and we’re coming behind them and either cleaning up the fallout like we did with Moria, or kind of trying to round up the bits and pieces that they’ll need later. Rowan – Right. There’s so much more going on. Gondor has been besieged, the entire area has been panicked, and we might think, appropriately after watching thousands of dead rise up from the ground, come out of the mountain and walk through their town. So there’s a lot going on in the area. Sapience – Is hearing that basically there’s plenty to do then. Rowan – Yes. He especially likes the corsairs. Sapience – Says now they’re talking about corsairs. He wasn’t going to say anything about them.
Are you sure the Corsairs will be a rep faction? It sounded more like they were the primary enemy in the new region, much like the Easterlings were in the Great River. --Tharondir (talk) 12:58, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
- On a side note, the transcript from belegaer said bullroarer was going to be up with U14 within the next weeks. I guess we can check on this when the server is online. :)--Tharondir (talk) 12:58, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
- Duh... yeah... they are almost one in the same group of baddies :)