"Hoping to raise the spirits of the Host of the West, Elladan and Elrohir have offered to tell the tale of a great victory over the Enemy at the end of the Second Age."
As the Second Age approached its end, Elrond stood with the Last Alliance against the forces of Sauron and won a decisive victory that led to the Dark Lord's defeat.
- Listen to Elrohir's tale of the Battle fo Dagorlad
Elrohir and Elladan are telling you the tale of the Last Alliance's victory at the Battle of Dagorlad. You should follow along and listen as Elrohir begins the tale.
- 'In a age long-ended, a great battle was fought upon Dagorlad between the numberless armies of the Dark Lord and the Last Alliance of Elves and Men. For years, they clashed upon the battle plain, and each momentary victory and defeat dimmed the hope of the war ever coming to an end.
- 'After may trying battles, the Last Alliance pressed southward and approached the Black Gate of Mordor. Yet, the nearere they drew to the Black Land, the more foes the Dark Lord sent forth.
- 'But lo, Elendil the Tall and Hight King Gil-galad of the Noldor possessed much wisdom and valour, and soon the plans were drawn for a final assault against the Black gate.
- 'The Last Alliance assembled a great bullwark, and it was there they made their stand against Sauron and his armies.'
- Follow the Last Alliance into battle against the armies of Mordor
The Last Alliance gathered at a great bulwark in Dagorlad and prepared to strike against the armies of Mordor.
- 'Upon the battle plain, the lines of war were drawn...'
- 'Orcs, Easterlings, Southrons, and evil beasts all stood in defiance of the Last Alliance of Elves and Men.'
- Listen to Elladan's tale of the Battle of Dagorlad
Elrohir and Elladan are telling you the tale of the Last Alliance's victory at the Battle of Dagorlad. You should follow along and listen as Elladan continues the tale.
- 'Victories over the Dark Lord's servants would not come easily for long...
- 'Althugh Orcs and evil Men fell in scores upon the battle plain, Sauron soon loosed his nine greatest servants upon the Last Allince. Once they were Men, but twisted by the Rings given to them by the Dark Lord, they grew stretched and withered into unseen forms. As the corrumption of the Rincs consumed them, these Men grew beyond death itself! For in truth, the Dark Lord held their Rings and thus tethered them to service and life unending. Even if they were struck down, they were not slain -- merely banished for a time!
- 'Many names have been bestowed upon them by those who have beheld theeir terrible shapes: Dwimmerlaik, Dúrchir, Gwetherain, and Nazgûl. In the tounge of Westron, their name is perhaps the mst precise -- Ringwraiths!'
- Follow the Last Alliance across the flaming trench toward Mordor
Elladan is describing the trials of the Last Alliance as they drew closer to the Black Gate.
- 'At Sauron's command, the nine Ringwraiths rushed forth from the Black Land to bolster his vast armies...'
- 'The Nine wielded fear itself against the Last Alliance and all but the boldest quailed before them!'
- Listen to Elrohir's tale of the Last Alliance
Elrohir is describing the courage of Gil-galad and Elendil in the face of the Ringwraiths.
- 'Although many of their kin fled before the Ringwraits, Gil-galad and Elendil did not falter. Gil-galad held close the might spear, Aiglos, and Elendil bore the blade, Narsil -- the very sword that was broken, reforged, and weilded anew by King Elessar! They fought as one and cut through the Dark Lords Forces with a fury unile any the Eleces or Men had ever witnessed.
- 'They soon stood before the Black Gate itself, but the battle would not be won so easily!
- 'Alas, the Ringwraiths and a vast army of Orcs had gathered beneath the dark ramparts of the Black Gate, and they sought to stand between the Last Alliance and their Master!'
- Follow Gil-galad and Elendil into battle against the Ringwraiths
Elrohir is describing a great battle between the Ringwraiths and the commanders of the Last Alliance.
- 'Without fear, Gil-galad and Elendil the Tall raised spear and sword to defy them!'
- 'Even the Nine could not withstand Aiglos and Narsil, and they were struck down -- banished back to Mordor!'
- 'Without their grim masters to drive them forth, the Orcs cast down their weapons and fled back through the Gate!'
- 'The Black Gate of Mordor was thrown down, and the Last Alliance pushed forth to confront the Dark Lord himself!'
- Listen as Elrohir concludes the tale of the Battle of Dagorlad
Elrohir is nearing the end of his tale. You should continue to follow along.
- Listen to Elrohir's final remarks
Elrohir has finished his tale of the Battle of Dagorlad.
- 'And so, the Battle of Dagorlad drew to a close...
- 'The Last Alliance won a decisive victory over the Dark Lord and banished his mightiest servants back to the Black Land. The might of Men and Elves proved the greater that day, and let us hope it shll prove true once more!
- ' Although the fighting within Mordor lasted over seven more years befor Sauron himself was finally defeated, this battle turned the tide in a war that many though unwinnable.
- 'Yet many victories and defeats still laid ahead...'
- 'But that is a tale of its own!'
- 'Quite a tale, my friend, was it not?'