"After returning to Henneth Annûn, Faramir called for Anborn to escort the gangrel-creature to answer for coming to the Forbidden Pool without permission."
Anborn recalls bringing Gollum forth to be questioned by Faramir shortly after his capture, and his fears for the journey of the Halflings and the gangrel-creature.
Anborn can be found in Henneth Annûn.
Anborn is telling you what he recalls of the night he brought the gangrel-creature to be questioned.
- At my lord's request, I goaded the gangrel-creature forth to answer for his intrusion...'
- Sméagol says, Let us go! We've done nothing wrong.
- Faramir says, Nothing? You have come to fish in the Forbidden Pool, where it is death to come.
- Sméagol says, We didn't know. We are only lost, lost and hungry. We wanted nice fishes for an empty belly.
- Faramir says, Come here, and let me look at you.
Objective 2 description
- Frodo Baggins says, Do as he says, Sméagol. He will not hurt you. Trust me, and all will be well.
- Faramir says, Your mind is full of locked doors with shuttered windows behind them, but I judge that you speak the truth.
- Faramir says, You did not come here to present any threat to Gondor or Ithilien. What oath can you swear never to come back to this place, or lead anyone hither?
- Sméagol says, We swears it...
- Sméagol says, Master knows. We will make our promise to the Master, and to the Precious. Never come again!
- Frodo Baggins says, This is a true promise, and if you cannot accept it then you should carry out your law. But there is no greater oath he can make.
- Faramir says, Then I give you to your master, for him to declare your fate however he will.
- Frodo Baggins says, Thank you. But, my lord, you have not yet given your judgment concerning said master.
- Faramir says, I say that you are free to go wherever you will in Gondor, you and your charges. You are under my protection.
- Frodo Baggins says, I place myself at your service, Captain Faramir. Thank you.
- Faramir says, Now, where does this creature plan to take you?
- Sméagol says, ...
- Frodo Baggins says, I can answer, if he will not. He took us to the Black Gate at my bidding, but we could not hope to enter there.
- Frodo Baggins says, Instead we make for a path that is hidden, supposedly near Minas Ithil.
- Faramir says, That is now called Minas Morgul.
- Frodo Baggins says, As you say. We will climb a high pass that leads through the mountains into the lands beyond...
- Faramir says, This pass...it is called Cirith Ungol, is it not?
- Sméagol says, Hsssss!
- Faramir says, Answer! Is that not the name of the place you are approaching?
- Sméagol says, No!
- Sméagol says, Yes, yes! What is its name to us? Master tells us he must get in, so we takes him! There is no other way.
- Faramir says, I wonder if there is no other way. Who could know that for certain?
- Faramir says, Take him away, Anborn. Be gentle with him, but watch him very closely.
- 'I led the creature away, and he rested, but never did my eyes leave him...'
Instance: A Troubling Path