'I wonder how long these Orcs have been waiting in the mountains so that they may once again prey upon the hard-working folk of the Vale.
'Come, let us return to Ethring. This news of the Orc camp is worrying. We must help strengthen Ethring's defences before returning to the Orkish threat in the woods.'
Arvaethor has asked you to accompany him back to Ethring and help strengthen their defences.
Laerind can be found in the village of Ethring.
You should speak with Laerind.
- Laerind: 'I am Laerind, wife of Arvaethor. My husband has returned and I am glad that he is safe. I thank you for aiding him.
- 'Arvaethor should not worry of Ethring. In Borhador's reclusiveness, I have taken it upon myself to organize the village defences with what little resources we have. I have men upon the beacon of Eilendoth, on lookout for attacking Orcs. Our woodworkers have been tasked with making barricades and placing them at the town's four entrances.'
- You hear a call to arms from Candúr
Candúr can be found patrolling the village of Ethring.
You should speak with Candúr.
- Candúr: 'Quickly, Orcs have been spotted around Ethring! We must protect the village. To arms!'
- The entrances of Ethring need defending!
- Defend the north-east entrance near the lumber mill
- Defend the west entrance leading to Eilendoth
- Defend the south entrance leading to Dor-en-Ernil
- Defend the north-west entrance leading to Calembel
Defend the four entrances of Ethring.
- You have defended the north-east entrance of Ethring
- You have defended the west entrance of Ethring
- You have defended the south entrance of Ethring
- You have defended the north-west entrance of Ethring
Speak with Arvaethor.
- Arvaethor: 'Not just Orcs in these mountains but Cave Trolls as well! I fear the worst is yet to come. Let us bring the fight to the Orcs instead of waiting here for them to attack Ethring.'