- Find Hundi a short distance to the west, at the western side of Echad Dúnann.
- This quest grants the character its first Legendary Item and a Tracery, which is a type of enhancement for legendary items.
- The next quest, "Chapter 10: Forgotten Lineage" gives an introductory explanation about the legendary system. Thenceforth, Chapter 11: Forged Anew demonstrates the "reforging process".
- Note that the selection of rewards from this quest, does not cover all possible options for all classes. If an existing weapon-type is not offered by this quest or from Chapter 13: Khazad-dûm at Last!, the only other way to obtain one is to barter in Gobeth Teithian (in Rivendell), after this quest line is completed.
- In theory, the tracery can be applied immediately to the legendary item, but due consideration should be given before doing so. In particular for higher-level characters, it may be better to simply disenchant (using Flame of Ancalamír) the traceries received from this quest line and barter for more level-appropriate ones, after the quest line is finished.
- With one exception, access to legendary-item services from the following NPCs is inhibited (Using that has no effect) until having completed the Volume II, Book 1 quest-line, and the Seeker of Deep Places title is attained, even though other legendary-services sources (NPCs, items) are available throughout:
- The one exception: during Chapter 11: Forged Anew, Snár is enabled for interaction, so that the player can reforge their character's new legendary item.
- WARNING FOR NON-VALAR'ED CHARACTERS: acquisition of additional legendary items via barter is not possible until this whole quest line is complete, so care should be taken not to destroy the one-and-only legendary item in the possession of the character, during the course of the quest line, or to reforge it prematurely.
- While it is possible to reforge the new legendary item, using a forge-master NPC other than Snár or Rósar, or the Legendary Item Services 1-hour item from the store (minimum level 51), prior to Chapter 11, this is not recommended since the Chapter 11 quest-objective requires a reforge to be performed while that quest is active. Reforging early will prevent the player from being able to advance Chapter 11, unless and until the character's level rises to the next reforge opportunity (level 56, in the typical case).
- Destroying the legendary item prior to the Chapter 11 reforge, will make it impossible to complete that chapter, and will most probably require the intervention of Support to resolve. (Accidental destruction is unlikely, due to the safeguard which requires an exact typing of the legendary item's name, as a confirmation step).