'The threat of the Corsairs is over, but many of their allies still live and could endanger my next course, <name>!
'Several of the Haradrim fled the city when the Men of the Mountain fulfilled their oath, and I fear they might bring word of the Corsair defeat to the armies of Mordor. I would rather this did not happen, but I cannot spare the time to track all who fled from Pelargir. Will you do this for me, my friend?
'Travel east in pursuit of these terrified Haradrim! I believe they will come to the walls of Erynos before they can break free of their fright. Defeat them and keep word of our victory at Pelargir from reaching unfriendly ears!'
The threat of the Corsairs is over, but Aragorn does not have any time to rest. He has another charge for you, one that must be completed with haste and utmost secrecy.
Haradrim fleeing in the direction of the town of Erynos, east and north of Aragorn's camp, must be defeated before they can bring word of his victory at Pelargir.
Aragorn has asked that you find tracks left by terrified Haradrim near the town of Erynos.
- Aragorn: Travel east in pursuit of terrified Haradrim! I believe they will come to the walls of Erynos before they can break free of their fright. Defeat them and keep word of our victory at Pelargir from reaching unfriendly ears!'
- As you study the tracks, you feel eyes upon you. Someone hides nearby!
- Terrified Haradrim says, "So I must fight!
- Terrified Haradrim says, "There is nothing for it!"
- You hear a rustling in the brush. Someone watches you from nearby!
- Terrified Haradrim says, "So I must fight!"
- Terrified Haradrim says, "Do not call forth your terrible spectres! I will slay you first!"
- You hear a woman's voice hailing you from the town of Erynos, to the north
Thurineth has some news for you at the gate of Erynos.
You defeated several Haradrim that fled from Pelargir, and a woman has haled you from the gate of Erynos.
- Thurineth: 'I watched you fight those evil warriors, hero, and I wanted to thank you for making safe our lands! But that is not all for if you leave now you leave us still in peril!
- 'I saw another one of these invaders nearby. I think he fancies himself a sorcerer of some sort, for he carried many unsavory trinkets and muttered strange incantations under his breath.
- 'He crept that way, around the outer wall of Erynos!'
Thurineth saw a Haradrim sorcerer creeping around the outer wall of the town of Erynos, and wanted you to defeat him before you leave.
- Haradrim Sorcerer: 'You may slay my men, hated <race>, and you may end my own life, but you will have no lasting victory. The Great Master we follow is a giver of gifts, and he gives life unending to those who faithfully serve. You could slay all the Corsairs to a man, and all of my own people, but the commanders of the Master's army will always return, even in death!'
- Defeat the Haradrim Sorcerer near Erynos
- Haradrim Sorcerer says, "You cannot defeat the Dark Lord!"
- Haradrim Sorcerer says, "You will never triumph!"
- The sorcerer breathes his last, but his mocking smile remains
Aragorn is at the Camp of the Grey Host, to the north-west of Pelargir.
You have tracked down and defeated the Haradrim warriors that fled from Pelargir.
- Thurineth: 'Did you put an end to that sorcerer? I did not like the look of his trinkets or the sound of his mutterings!'
- Aragorn: 'You found the Haradrim that fled from Pelargir? Very good, <name>! I hope this will keep word of our victory here a secret from the enemy. But something troubles you. Share it with me, and we will bear the burden of it together, my friend!'
- You tell Aragorn of the sorcerer's words: that the commanders of Sauron's army cannot be stopped, even by death.
- 'I confess to you that I have heard these whispers as well, my friend, so I cannot banish the fear of them from your mind. But it does not change my resolve, and I believe it will not change yours, either. We place a greater value on life than does the Enemy, so every life pains us all the more. But that is our strength as well, for we fight even harder to protect it, even beyond our limits.'
- Aragorn smiles.
- 'Ours is not the real quest, <name>, for even if we have all the success we desire, the Enemy will remain. The real quest is elsewhere, my friend, and only its successful completion can end Sauron's evil forever.'