Certain debuffs can also be removed by various character classes, just as they can restore Moral and Power.
Morale and Power Restore
- Morale and power restore potions, ointments and salves are made by Scholars, acquired as random treasure, or at higher levels, may be acquired through barter with certain "reputation" barterers. They are not available for purchase from "Healer" NPCs.
- The term "salve" for a Morale and Power potion does not have the same meaning as for a debuff removal potion.
- In many cases, Scholars will produce an improved item when a critical result is achieved, in other cases, they will simply produce "more" of the item.
- Lvl 65 potions to restore Moral and Power may also be purchased in the LOTRO Store for LOTRO Points (LP). The effects of the Store Potions "stack" with in-game acquired potions.
- Morale and power restore potions, ointments and salves can only be used on the individual player character.
- Debuff removal potions are bought from Healer NPCs or may be made by Scholars.
- Similar Debuff potions may also be purchased in the LOTRO Store for Turbine Points (TP).
- Debuff salves are available ONLY for purchase from Healer NPCs.
- They (typically) remove one of the debuff types up to a certain strength, and have a cooldown of 30s. They do not require a certain level to use, however better ones are more expensive.
- Debuff potions can only be used on the individual player character.
- Debuff salves can be used on yourself or an ally. i.e. they are "targeted."
- With the "Enable skill target forwarding" option enabled in your Options (Combat Options) panel, it will remove fear effects from whomever your target (even if hostile) has targeted. This means you can have an enemy targeted who is targeting someone else and use it to cure the enemy's target of the debuff.
- Because it is target based, in the confusion of battle, you can accidentally cure someone else when you wish to cure yourself, so use with caution when you wish to cure yourself!
Potion / Salve
|Class skills||Lore-master: Knowledge of Cures|| Minstrel: Cure Fear
Captain: Muster Courage
| Hunter: Purge Poison
Burglar: Cure Poison
|Lore-master: Knowledge of Cures|
- Many of these debuffs inflict damage over time; other lower stats or resistances.
- Minstrel and Burglar skills require melee range and have a lengthy cooldown. The Lore-master and Hunter skills can be used at a reasonable distance and have a lower cooldown. All can be used in combat.
- Hope (Edhelharn) Tokens are used to counteract the Dread often applied by Boss mobs or from defeat. They are made by Jewellers. They have a cooldown of 15 minutes, and apply the hope bonus to all fellowship members within 20m when used.
- Minstrels can also remove dread and generate hope.