- Soul Reap This creature has gained power from someone who fell to shadow. - Each player character death gives Dúrchest a stackable heal buff that he can save to use at a later time. When he gets down to around 1/5 of total morale, he will use a buff to give himself an additional 3/5 of total morale.
- Dread +5
- Corrupt Defenses This creature appears highly protected to all damage types and will be difficult to defeat. - +10% Damage Reduction corruption that regenerates throughout the fight. It needs to be removed.
- Vile Energies This creature's corruption contributes to its vile powers. - +10% Tactical Damage corruption that regenerates throughout the fight. It needs to be removed.
- and similar tokens that give at least +5 Hope
- Threat and Cleave: Dúrchest will try to cleave his target when in melee range. This is a frontal cone melee-range AoE with a max of three targets that will start his -threat debuff. Being hit with cleave will start a timer which will steadily increase your -threat if he continues to cleave you. Dúrchest has a total of 210% that he can parcel out to up to three different targets. Dúrchest's -threat timer has roughly the same mechanic as the Turtle's single target DoT (albeit it can be shared amongst up to three people).
- Two decoys: Two people should aggro Dúrchest, turning him away from the rest of the party and letting their -aggro start to build up, while keeping Dúrchest faced away from the rest of the party. Once their aggro starts to get high enough (perhaps 30%-50%), the main tank should move in front of Dúrchest and begin aggroing him. If the two original people stay in front of Dúrchest within melee range while the main tank stays back out of range of Cleave, then they build up to -100% aggro and the main tank will only have -10% aggro. Once this happens the main tank is free to close with Dúrchest as he will not have any additional -threat to give out.
- Tank swapping: One tank should run in and aggro Dúrchest, turning him away from the rest of the party. The other tank should go behind Dúrchest. When the front tank gets to about about -50% incoming threat, he should swap places with the back tank (by copying aggro via Engage or transferring aggro). The -threat debuff will drop off the person who moves behind Dúrchest when they are no longer within the cleave area.
- Adds: The first add will spawn by the west door, then each spawn will alternate doors after that. Each add has 39k morale and a special ability that it will give Dúrchest. The first five adds are on timers while the final five are spawned by extinguishing torches on the back wall. The final five can be summoned in any desired order (one particular mob for each torch), so that the special abilities which they may give Dúrchest can be added on in a desired order. Killing the final five adds is the first part of the Challenge for Dúrchest's fight (killing him is the final part). The adds can be summoned at any stage in Dúrchest's fight -- right at the beginning if you so desire, or when Dúrchest is down to 10k morale if you so desire.
1. Armoured Black-axe (West door): Gives Impending Doom (increased damage on each death, player character or add). This increases by 17.5% up to a max of 175% increased damage.
2. Armoured Flame-mace (East door): Inferno will now be cast on a random target when an add dies. Inferno is a distributed damage fire attack.
3. Armoured Shadow-axe (West door): Seed of Shadow cast about twice a minute on a random player. This is a removable fear debuff which, if allowed to tick down does AoE damage.
4. Armoured Black-mace (East door)
5. Armoured Black-axe (West door)
The final five adds can be summoned in any order at any time during the fight. They will continue to come from alternating doors (the first will come from the East door, then the West, etc.) and some have a special ability that it will give to Dúrchest:
- Armoured Shadow-mace (far left lever): A second Seed of Shadow cycle is started, so there will be roughly four every minute.
- Armoured Black-sword (middle-left lever)
- Armoured Storm-axe (middle lever): Dúrchest will randomly give out a large Static Shock AoE from now on when an add dies.
- Armoured Black-sword (middle-right lever)
- Armoured Flame-sword (far right lever)
"Ah, more spirits to sate my hunger."
"You cannot enter here! You face death!"
"The forces of Barad Guldur cannot be bested!"
"You! Destroy these intruders!"
"Insignificant wretch." (targets a random player and knocks them back)
|Morale / Power|
|Level||Tier I||Tier II|
|68||644,875 / 56,180|
|85||1,390,625 / 78,844|
Level 85 Drops
Old Non-scaled Drops
|Due to Update 9, Against the Shadow - December 17, 2012, this loot is now obsolete.|