He is the second and final boss encountered and he sits on the throne in the throne room.
- AoE Knock-back - Knocks back players near him, throwing them far and wide across the room
- Scorched Earth Deals 500-900 AoE Fire Damage and stuns for several seconds
- Some power has chosen this creature as a conduit for its power and protection.
- +15% Tactical Damage, -15% Attack Duration
There are 18 Morelendil Guard mobs surrounding the pillars on either side of the room, who spawn only one Tormented Spirit each when defeated. They will engage in groups of three to five once a player runs up to Balhest to trigger the encounter. Each new wave will only come once all of the Morelendil Guard have been defeated from the previous wave. For this reason, it is essential to keep one guard alive while burning the others, allowing the fellowship to defeat the spirits that spawn without having to deal with a new wave of guards at the same time.
As with Elder Morelendil Guard, these guards can only be defeated by The Light That Burns, which shines through south-facing windows in the room, once the counterweight has been used on it. The Tormented Spirit mobs must be pulled to the north side where Exposing Light shines onto the ground through stained glass windows.
Once all Morelendil Guard waves are defeated, the three sorceresses Aignis, Ilith and Muriol will engage one by one in that order. They summon spirits, but can be interrupted. The best way to defeat them is to crowd control two of them while defeating the third.
Balhest himself enter the battle last, after the three sorceresses have met their fate. He has a Chosen of the Eye buff which makes him very powerful and impossible to defeat. In order to counteract the buff, he needs to be pulled into and fought in The Light That Burns. This will replace his buff with The Valar's Gaze, reducing his resistances.
All attacks dealt by Balhest are fire damage.
Level 85 Drops
- "Thy skills do not lack much. Meet, then, my other companions."
- "Perhaps thou hast come to swear fealty... to kneel before the new King of Annuminas?"
- "Nay? Then so be it. Thou wilt die here, instead. Guards!"
- "Thou makest me to stand from this my throne? Thou shalt perish for the affrontery."
- "Lend me strength, Dark Lord!"
- "Feel the power of Mordor!"