(Redirected from Annatar)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Antheron (Annatar in the original Tolkien legendarium) once taught the Elves how to craft the Rings of Power, which is apt as his name is Sindarin for "Master of Gifts". He appears in an instance where he has promised to teach Narmeleth about his knowledge of ancient ring-lore, if she comes with him.
-  Before the Shadow, Book 1, Chapter 7: Instance: The Giver of Gifts
-  Volume I, Book 15, Instance: Daughter of Strife - Session Play
- In Book 14 chapter 15, a mural that represents Antheron can be found within the ring forge of Eregion.
- In Book 15 chapter 12, Mordirith summons Antheron Illusions.
- You're able to briefly spot a shade of Antheron in the room of dread, located within Minas Elendúr.
|Antheron's agenda is to beguile Narmeleth. He is, in fact, the Dark Lord Sauron in disguise.
In the original Lord of the Rings legendarium, this character is known as Annatar, "Lord of Gifts." According to the Tolkien Gateway, Antheron, "Gift-lord" was used in Lotro to avoid copyright infringement (Turbine does not hold rights to content from The Silmarillion).