Andreg is a Ranger, a friend of Saeradan. For years he and the others have watched over Bree-land and the Shire in defence of the Enemy of the north.
When the Grey Company is formed and begins to travel south, Andreg is summoned and he travels south-east to join with Amlan and Saeradan at Echad Saeradan within Enedwaith.
Andreg will be found at several locations as this tale proceeds.
Andreg is first seen at the Old Greenway Fort in the Northern Bree-fields, nearby the old Arnorian main road that he has been watching for years. He welcomes a helping hand against the threatening orcs that recently has set camp in the north of Bree-land, south of Trestlebridge.
-  My Brethren's Call
-  Signs of Struggle
-  Orc Out-riders
-  Ill Gotten....
-  Dirty Work: Orc-slaying
-  Breaking Alliances
-  Word to the South
-  Down the Hill
-  Checking the Borders
-  The Fall of the North Downs
- "With your aid, perhaps the oxherds of the Algraig people will trade with us."
- "My first concern is the welfare of my kinsmen, will you aid me?"
Later Andreg is found at Echad Saeradan within Enedwaith where he has joined Amlan and Saeradan. However, the Grey Company is running short of provisions and every contribution that can obtain is welcomed. During this period Andreg also serves a Quartermaster.
- "'My first concern is the welfare of my kinsmen. Will you aid me?'"
Lastly Andreg is found in Gravenwood in Dunland where he is determined to put and end to Gwyllion and her allies.
-  A Dark and Lonely Forest
-  Eyes in the Forest
-  A Grave Corruption * (See footnote below)
-  Cruel Traps *
-  Hunting the Pack *
-  Lost Caws *
-  Orc-mischief *
-  Joining the Hunt
-  In the Shadow of the Mountain
-  Baa, Baa, Black Sheep
-  Dimming the Lights
-  Mystery of the Trees
-  Spirits of Dunland
-  Tribunal of Shadows
* Complete the five quests before completing A Dark and Lonely Forest to be able complete the deed Tracking an Old Goat.