Update 13.1.1 - June 9, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Update 13.1.1 – Release Notes and known issues
Of Special Note
- Please note: The only changes in Update 13.1.1 were to the launcher. No game changes were made in this update.
- With today’s release of Update 13: The Breaking of Isengard, we have introduced a replacement for our Pando-enabled client and downloader. We now use a non-peer-to-peer version of the Akamai NetSession client for the LOTRO launcher, and wanted to update you on how we plan to utilize this service in the future.
- The Akamai NetSession client allows us to quickly and reliably deliver fresh LOTRO client installations to you, and assist in the repair of missing or corrupted files in current game installations. The client utilizes Akamai’s large network of edge servers to deliver this content to you from a location which is deemed geographically closest to you, and ensures that we are able to efficiently and effectively get you what you need to play LOTRO.
- Although some versions of the Akamai NetSession client used by other software providers utilize Peer-to-Peer technology, we have decided not to use P2P for LOTRO. What this means is that Akamai NetSession will NOT use peer-to-peer when delivering LOTRO-related content.
- Once you install the LOTRO client, or patch your game to Update 13, it will be possible to uninstall Akamai NetSession from your computer, and NetSession will not reinstall unless it is necessary to deliver a deleted file or a fresh installation. Typical game updates will not require the use of Akamai NetSession.
Update 13.1.1 Known Issues
- If you installed the Bullroarer (preview) version prior to using the live installer please note that the game installation folder path will need to be manually adjusted. This can be accomplished by removing the “- Public Preview” from the end of the installation folder path:
- 32bit Windows will use “C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online”
- 64bit Windows will use “C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online”
- If you activate the “Hi resolution texture detail” files option note that this will download the high resolution texture files, but does not activate them in game. To do so once the files are available go into Options > ADV Graphics and set Texture Detail to the Very High/Ultra High settings (note that these settings are only recommended for users on 64bit versions of Windows).
- If you enable the hi resolution texture options and download them but encounter an error upon logging in, exit out of the game and the game launcher and restart. This should trigger any remaining updates needed for those files to occur.