You may need to reset your wiki password. To do this, we have provided a basic guide below, which covers common questions related to password resets.
When should I reset my password?
There are different circumstances under which you may reset your password, including:
- You have forgotten your password.
- Somebody may know your password.
- You want to create a stronger password.
How do I make sure that I can reset my password?
To enable password resets, you must associate an email address with your account. There are two ways to do this:
- When you create your account, you can provide an email address on Special:CreateAccount.
- After creating an account, you can associate an email address to your account on Special:Preferences. You can navigate to the "User profile" tab, where you will see an "Email options" section. You can enter your email address in this section.
Do I need to confirm my email address to enable password resets?
No, you do not need to confirm your email address in order to generate password reset emails. However, it is highly recommended that you confirm your email address. This way, you can ensure emails are sent to the correct address, and you can set up email preferences for your account. You can verify if your email address is confirmed and when it was confirmed by visiting Special:ConfirmEmail.
How do I reset my password?
- Go to Special:PasswordReset.
- Enter either your username and email address (or both).
- Check your email for a password reset email.
- Follow the instructions in the email to complete the process.
Can people actually reset my password on Special:PasswordReset?
No, they can only trigger an email via Special:PasswordReset. Somebody would need to have access to your email account to complete the password reset process.
I requested a password reset. Why didn’t I receive an email?
You may have not received a password reset email for many reasons, including:
- You did not add an email address to your account.
- You misspelled the username or email address associated with the account. If this is the case, we recommend that you try requesting a password reset again via Special:PasswordReset.
- The email was sent to Spam or another folder that you have not yet checked.
- You requested too many password resets in a short period of time, which exceeded the password reset request limit. If this is the case, we recommend that you wait for a bit and then try again later.
What do I do if I forgot my password and never added an email address to my account or lost access to it?
Please use the wiki account issues channel in our Discord to get help recovering your account.
This page was adopted for our use from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Reset_password