Guidelines are similar to rules and standards but are not as rigid. On Lotro-Wiki, any page type having a guideline – usually a boilerplate – should be edited until it meets those definitions, but exceptions can be made with valid reasons.
Here follow brief info and/or links to pages detailing either rules or standards, or guidelines, or a mix of both.
For pages, their names and their contents:
- See Help:Article Creation
- See Help:Names
- See Help:Spelling and Punctuation
- See Help:Categorization
- See Article Management Tags
For images and icons:
- Upload images in JPEG and icons in PNG file format
- File names should match the name of the object they are used for
- Links to pages in namespaces must be displayed without the namespace, e.g. links to the page
Item:Hill-defendermust look like Hill-defender. Only help pages such as this page may break that rule.