Overview of the Help system
|Tools for Editors|
The Help page is divided into four(4) sections.
General Reader Information Editor: Article Creation "Templates" Editor: Information Editor: Boilerplates
Pages in Category: Help Information contain general information of use to all Editors.
- Help: FAQ: FAQ about participation in Lotro-Wiki
- Help: Introduction: An introduction to Lotro-Wiki terminology
- Help: Article Creation: - Introduction: Get started creating Articles at Lotro-Wiki
- Help: Editing: Basic Editing techniques
- Help: Advanced Editing I: Advanced Editing I: Definitions and pointers
- Help: Advanced Editing II: Advanced Editing II: Techniques
- Help: Advanced Editing III: Advanced Editing III: CSS and Tables
- Help: Tables: Basic information on creating tables
|Tips for New Editors|
|Tools for Editors|
Editor: Article Creation "Templates"
- Pages in Category: Article Creation contain "Create Article" templates utilizing The MediaWiki "Create Article" extension.
- Create new character - Player Characters
- Create new creature - Creatures
- Create new deed - Deed
- Create new effect - Effects
- Create new item - Items
- Create new item set - Item Sets
- Create new kinship - Kinships
- Create new legacy - Legacies
- Create new location - Locations - Points to the 7 boilerplates for Locations
- Create new NPC - NPCs
- Create new quest - Quests
- Create new recipe - Recipes
- Boilerplate:Reputation Faction - Points to the boilerplate
- Create new skill - Skills
- Create new title - Titles
- Create new trait - Traits
- Pages in Category:Boilerplates contain individual Boilerplates and related information for Editors.
- Most pages here will have a corresponding entry in Category:Article Creation.
- Boilerplates should transclude the corresponding Template <name>/doc file and normally, a Template <name>/Preload file.
|IMPORTANT: Boilerplates easily become out of sync with Templates and their /doc and /Preload files|
- Boilerplates - Documentation
- Boilerplate:Creature - Creatures
- Boilerplate:Deed - Deeds
- Boilerplate:Effect - Effects
- Boilerplate:Item - Item
- Boilerplate:Item Set - Item Sets
- Boilerplate:Kinship - Kinship
- Boilerplate:Legacy - Legacy
- Location Boilerplates -- No individual "Create Article" exists
- Boilerplate:NPC - NPC
- Boilerplate:Player Character - Player Character
- Boilerplate:Quest - Quest
- Boilerplate:Recipe - Recipe
- Boilerplate:Reputation Faction - Reputation Faction
- Boilerplate:Skill - Skill
- Boilerplate:Title - Title
- Boilerplate:Trait - Trait
Help System Category Tree
This: <categorytree mode=all,depth=2>Help</categorytree>, like the Category page itself does NOT display the pages which are indicated. See especially Sub category: Guidelines
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Help"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.