Update 15 - Gondor Aflame - November 5, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Previous patch: Update 14.2 - The Dead Marshes - September 15, 2014
Next patch: Update 15.1 Hotfix 1 Release Notes - November 10, 2014
Update 15 - Release Notes
Of Special Note
- Beornings are here! Every new Beorning character will start in the brand new starting area: Vales of Anduin. Visit Grimbeorn’s Lodge while you get comfortable with your own strength.
- Beornings are designed to be a dynamic skin-changer class. Their basic skills emphasize the difference between human and bear forms. There are skills available in three different ways: those available in man form; those available in bear form; those available in any form.
- Instead of power pools, Beornings build up Wrath, which fuels many of their skills. Any skills requiring Wrath will list the cost in their tooltip. Bear form requires Wrath to use and maintain. Certain man form or any form skills may also require Wrath.
- The Beorning trait trees are designed to allow tailoring your play style to fit a tank, damage, or support role.
- Special Note: With the launch of Beornings in Update 15 we want to let everyone know we are going to be paying very close attention to feedback and be active in making adjustments based on that feedback.
- Pelargir Epic Battle: Retaking Pelargir is a new type of offensive Epic Battle where you help Aragorn’s forces defeat the Corsairs at Pelargir. Available in solo/duo mode (with fellowship option coming soon), face a new enemy type, Epic Foes, new barterable rewards, and witness the Army of the Dead annihilate the Corsair host.
- Epic Story Volume IV Book 2: The Dawnless Day. The next book in the Epic Story begins! Book 2 of Volume 4 begins with Lothiriel in Dol Amroth.
- Central Gondor: Central Gondor has four new regions: Ringlo Vale, Dor-en-Ernil, Lebennin, and Pelargir.
- Relic Removal Scrolls will now remove the Crafted Relics just like all the other kinds.
- In Helm's Deep: Glittering Caves, the women and children now have color text and both Gimli and Gamling have greetings when you first walk up to them.
- Celegdal, the man of a thousand faces, won't change his appearance so often in Morlad, and will stick to his usual one.
- Gold Tokens of the Riddermark awarded through Riders of Rohan (East Rohan) deeds can now be exchanged for 50 Silver Tokens of the Riddermark at the miscellaneous vendors in the major settlements of the Wold, Norcrofts, Entwash Vale, and Sutcrofts.
- Slaying Orcs in the Dead Marshes no longer counts towards the Orc-slayer of West Gondor deed.
- Yule Festival - Bard & Thespian Theatre meta-deeds: now can always be completed. Note: If you have the Thespian meta-deed currently in-progress you will have to play each part in the play again.
- Bundle of the Giver now binds the items it generates to the character that opens it.
- You can no longer mark yourself as auto-fellow.
- We have added a new character chat restriction: All new free characters must wait 3 hours of in-game time before they will be able to use world chat and all user created chat channels (such as glff). All other channels will be available to them. Once players have reached this three hour time limit, they will need to relog in order to then join the chat channels. Please note: This change ONLY affects free players and all times and restrictions are subject to change.
- Resolved an issue with the Improved Standards not hitting enemies who were within range but not in Line of Sight of the banner.
- Challenge will now apply any Power Cost Reduction from Tireless Defender that you have ranked.
- Tooltip for "Charge" after acquiring Rank 6 of "To the Rescue" has been clarified
- Resolved issue with Erebor Huntsman 2 piece set bonus not properly applying to Improved Fleetness.
- Entering combat after beginning to channel Focus or Improved Focus will no longer break the channel
- Fixed an issue where the Closing Remarks cooldown reduction of Epic Conclusion was not properly applying to the character if they killed their target with the skill.
- Glorious Foreshadowing Incoming Healing bonus should now properly tier down with Writ of health instead of dispelling when it expired.
- Resolved issue that was causing the "Fire-type Damage" legacy to not properly increase the damage of Volcanic Runestone.
- Warden - Traits - Seize the Moment - The Skill Reset portion of the trait now functions as advertised.
- Weaver hatchling's stealth is now broken when it moves.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing the free People to use the Blood of The Fair Folk potions.
- Resolved an issue that was making some mounts appear to be useable in the Delving of Fror, even though they were not.
- Fixed an issue where town service NPCs had the wrong voiceover.
- Fixed typos in various quests
- Kingstead - Instance - Hard Negotiations no longer ports you to Moria if you die.
- West Rohan - Kingstead - Quest: Stilling the Wade - The quest will now properly fail if you lose any men during the instance.
- West Rohan - Kingstead - Instance: Stilling the Wade: boosted NPC stats
- You should now be able to complete the Fangorn (Quieting) daily quests up to five times a day, even if you did some of them while the daily limit was set to 1.
- Lamedon - Retreating from an interior space should now bring you to the proper defeat circle.
- The Cave Walls in 'The Fall of Moria' now behave as they were intended to behave.
- In Sight of the Bitter Stair can now be completed after a player starts the Helegrod Instance
- Lua Plugins: Using LocalPlayer::GetWallet() at initialization time will no longer give you an empty wallet when loading the plugin via the Plugin Manager's "auto-load" options.
- Lua Plugins: When pressing the "Inventory Panel" hotkey, the inventory bags will no longer show up when disabled via a plugin.
- Lua Scripts: The returned table for Turbine.Shell.GetCommands is now property 1-based rather than 0-based.
- The Beorning class has been hooked up with Lua plugin support. See the updated Lua documentation for information on how to use the BeorningAttributes class.
- Lua - Added the "bridle" slot to the GetEquipment object and fixed a crash that would result on unloading plugins after calling GetEquipment.
- Lua - fixed the Listbox Sort method to correctly update the internal item array so that you can continue working with the listbox after sorting it.
- Lua - fixed a situation where SetBackground call could crash if passed in an unsupported image format
Epic Battles, Skirmishes, Instances, & Raids
- Retaking Dol Amroth - Swan-knights - Quest: Wounded in Action: Injured soldiers no longer spawn inside or on top of geometry
- Direfirel - Half-orc archers now throw spears. Half-orc warriors are always in Melee
- The Instances Lords of the Eastemnet & The Battle for Hytbold have been added to the Snowbourn reflecting pool
- When in a raid, the Instance Finder UI will now properly gray out any specific instances that cannot be accessed by other members of your raid group.
- The raid skirmish quests should now be correctly bestowing on players at level 100, making it so that they can correctly loot the skirmish raid reward chests and see the roll/pass, need/greed/pass, and master loot work correctly.
- Fixed a problem where skirmish raid chests could be looted with Free-for-all rules, regardless of the player eligibility or fellowship settings
- Roots of Fangorn: - Lowered the total morale for Frushkul and Gurthul.
- Fangorn - Derndingle - Crafting instances: Canceling a quest puts the quest on a 5 minute cooldown timer.
- Fangorn - Derndingle - Crafting instances: Side quests will now complete after the main quest completes.
- Cosmetic Pets - The White Swan is being changed to a Rare item to reflect its lower cost
- The Loremaster set for the Tradition now increases your tactical damage by 20% for 10s rather than reduce your target's Tactical Mitigation
- Your personal cosmetic pets will no longer occasionally spawn underground after teleporting.
- The map for Eaves of Fangorn now once again will show up correctly instead of showing the East Wall map
- Enemies on Tol Aduial will now show up on the radar as red dots if you have that mapnote enabled.
- Fixed overlapping currency displays in the Legendary Item Forge when you acquire a new item with the forge already open
- Great Hall of the Hornburg should now correctly show the radar and map images
- Hovering over items in the wardrobe no longer shows stats for the item, since the item is there just for its cosmetic appearance.
- Map of Westfold has been realigned to more correctly reflect where the player marker is.
- There are now Expand/Collapse all buttons in the Collections panel that will allow you to expand or collapse all of the individual collections in the list at once.
- If you have the "Ask before downloading new updates" option checked in the launcher, when there are new updates, and the dialog shows up, if you click "Yes" before the main window of the launcher shows up, the launcher will no longer exit.
- The scrollbars on the EULA and TOS dialogs are easier to see.
Update 15 - Know Issues
Epic Battles:* Pelargir
- The Thrice Blown Horn - Battle History UI shows an empty medal for a quest not yet in game
- Archer Thisarti and Okurauo the Minstrel quests don't complete after killing required enemies
- If waves are defeated too quickly, Epic Foes despawn too early and can't be defeated
- Monsters do not give Item-XP or increase the Haradrim-slayer deed
- Quest - Parade of Thieves has vague objectives
- There's currently no announcement when Kisung Teng and Zagaroth spawn
- Named monsters are marked as Rare Arch-nemesis
Epic Battles:* Helm's Deep
Helm's Deep Big Battles - Quartermaster's Reward/Fine Armaments - Rewards 95 crafting mats/essences at 100
- Combat - Human sounds can sometimes be heard while in bear form
- Legendary Items - Can sometimes get legacies that improve maximum power or in-combat power regen
- Legendary Items - 'Wrath Return from Wrath Spender' and 'Chance for Attacks to Return Wrath' both refer to the same legacy but have different names
- Legendary Items - Legacy:* Relentless Maul Damage is not increasing Relentless Maul Damage
- Legendary Items - Medium Bridle - Damage over time pulses legacy does not affect Beorning skill bleeds
- Items - Several vendors do not have Beorning specific gear, including Classic vendor (Skirmish camps), Eglain Faction Rewards vendor (Ost Guruth), Adventurers' Quartermaster :* (Galtrev) Friend of the Malledhrim Rewards vendor (Mirkwood)
- Items - Cannot interact with Beorning Hytbold Quartermasters until full completion of Hytbold quests
- Items - Some Beorning-specific items grant unhelpful stats such as Maximum Power
- Items - All Hytbold sets for Beornings has the same appearance and stats, the leggings give power, and the 4-set bonuses don't function
- Monster Play - Beornings are unable to use the portals in the Elf Camp, Delving, and Keep backdoors
- Mounted Combat - Everlasting Focus trait does not affect some skills
- Quests - Some quests that class-specific rewards do not yet have a Beorning reward
- General - No amimation for strafing in combat
- Burglar - Track Treasure overrides the displaying of crafting nodes on the radar
- General- Stances - When dismounting a war-steed, any classes that use stances are no longer in a stance; the stance must be reactivated
Instances and Skirmishes
- Instance - Helegrod - Drake Wing not rewarding Seals or Symbols at level 100
- Instance - Ost Dunhoth - Second Age crafting symbols are not dropping in Tier 1 or 2 chests
- Instance - Mirror-halls of Lumul-nar - Southern center mirror will sometimes not reflect light, preventing access to the final instance boss
- Skirmish - Soldiers - Mitigations, power, and damage for skirmish soldiers at high levels need further balance
Music and Sounds
- Music System - Clarinet A#4 is squeaky and various instruments have some notes that are too quiet, lack sustain, or are cut off
- Sound - Music will at times be inaudible in some areas, combat music will occasionally not enter, and combat music will sometimes play over landscape music
- Collections UI - Some of the Festival Steed collections have placeholder info and appearance
- Items - Barter Vendors - Central Gondor faction barter vendors do not show reputation requirements for their items
- Mac - Yosemite - Players are unable to access the LOTRO Store
- Mac - Yosemite - Exiting big battles could cause a client crash