The Silvertine Lodes (Deed)
- Explore the Silvertine Lodes of Moria.
To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Find The Deep Descent
- The Deep Descent is an old guard chamber that oversees the entrance to the mines below. The master of this chamber has allowed the dwarf-expedition to control the passage between the Silvertine Lodes and the Great Delving, preventing the goblins from massing together into an unstoppable horde. Nevertheless, they remain badly outnumbered and are pressed daily to hold the chambers against the vicious foes that inhabit the deeps.
- Find Gamil Filik
- Once a bustling mine worked by hundres of industrious dwarves, Gamil Filik has been overrun by goblins and is now one of the largest strongholds of their kind within Moria. If the Goblins' hold on western Moria is to be broken, the enemies in Gamil Filik must eventually be routed, but against such numbers it seems an impossible endeavour.
- Find Menem-berej
- The great pit of Menem-berej was once home to the richest lodes of mithril ever unearthed in Khazad-dûm. This enormous platform was constructed to assist the dwarves in their mighty efforts to extract the precious metal. Though this mine was believed to have been sapped of most of its resources by the time Moria fell, Brogur and Bosi's dwarves vow to find some valuable remnants of the riches that were once so abundant.
- The Old Silvertine City is in the south of the Silvertine Lodes, and was likely the home of all the miners that once sought mithril beneath the great mountain.
|10 Turbine Points|
|Increased Reputation with Iron Garrison Miners ( 700 )|
Menem-munz was previously required, but no longer since update 7.
Head south from Deep Descent and take the road to the left at the bottom of the ramp toward the goblin camp, Gamil Filik. Do not enter the camp. Take the path up and to the right just after you start down the ramp towards the camp, heading south to where Flík is found. Looking down to his left (as you face him) you should see a pathway down below and to your left. Head away from him (back the way you came) and down the wooden ramps (towards the goblin camp) but turn to the right at the bottom of the ramp, towards the path you saw from above. Jump down here, landing between some Gredbyg -- usually a Grodbog Hive-defender or two. Follow the wooden platforms to the middle of the great opening.
Note: There is no way to return back up -- or to go further down. You just jump again -- and sometimes you survive -- or use a milestone.