The Great Delving (Deed)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Explore the Great Delving of Moria.
To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Find Durin's Threshold
- The threshold of the western gate of Khazad-dûm, it was here that Durin completed his legendary journey through the heart of the mountains and came once again into the light of the sun, having discovered the place that would become the home of his peoples for ages to come.
- Find the Dolven-view
- The Dolven-view acts as a window to the Great Delving below. From here, dwarves could once be seen bustling to and fro, visiting the markets, libraries, and workshops of this once-lively cavern. Now there is only a long, lonely view of goblin-fires and vile insects crawling through the dark.
- As the northern gate of the Great Delving, the Dwarf-lords' Gate provides the main passage for those seeking to reach Durin's Way.
- Find the Lonely Span
- The Lonely Span lies just beyond the eastern gate of the Great Delving. It is the only direct passage to the streets of Zelem-melek, and is where the nobles of Khazad-dûm once resided.
- Find the Stone Council
- The great carvings on the walls of this ancient grotto represent the ancient dwarf-council that advised Durin and aided in the daily administration of Khazad-dûm. Many of these great carvings have been damaged by time and wear, though luckily the bridge that spans this space remains intact, even if somewhat perilous.
- Find Gazatmur
- The grand plaza Gazatmur was once the heart of the Great Delving, surrounded by some of the most prestigious institutions and finest architecture within Khazad-dûm. Now it has been overrun by a large goblin encampment that prevents the dwarves from regaining control of the Delving.
- Find Shemeldurj
- Shemeldurj was an unusual estate constructed by an eccentric but famous architect of the late Second Age. In a departure from classical dwarf-design, it features fanciful spans and buttresses that challenge the observer to seak around each turn and corner to discover where next it goes. Much of it lies in ruins, spoiled by time and th ravaging hands of goblins.
- Find the Palace of Náin
- After the fall of Durin, terror grasped the dwarves of Moria, now seized by panic and fear. Good Nain took his father's place and strove to quell the menace that threatened his halls, wishing to restore peace to his brethren. His short reign was a valiant one, but he too fell to the Bane of Khazad-dûm.
|5 LOTRO Points|
|Increased Reputation with Iron Garrison Miners ( 500 )|
- This deed is available at level 47.
- This deed contributes to the Explorer of Khazad-dûm meta-deed.