Skills change depending on Two-Handed or Dual-Wielding
Many of the skills, including Bracing Attack, Savage Strikes, and Brutal Strikes, have their last "attack" be a offhand attack, so both 2H-ers and DW-ers can benefit from buying up all the skills, even if they seem to be exclusively for 2H-ers. I can provide screenshots of this. BarGamer 03:27, 2 April 2007 (PDT)
For even more information, please see the accompanying developer diary, “The Month of the Champion, Part 2” at http://www.lotro.com/article/484.
- The Champion’s "Guardian's Axe" has been renamed "Champion's Axe."
- The description for the Champion’s "Braced against Defeat" trait no longer inaccurately claims to increase the amount of healing based on nearby enemies.
- Special effects used by the Champion's “Fight On” skill are now more appropriate to the effects of the skill.
- The tooltip for the Champion’s “Exchange of Blows” now displays the duration of the effect, and the effect icon now matches the skill icon. Its description has also been made more clear.
- Fixed an issue where the Champion’s skill “Boast” did not have the appropriate trainer cost.
- Corrected a spelling error for the description of the Champion trait, “Stalwart Blade.” --Fedaykin 07:22, 16 February 2008 (PST)
Updated Glory to reflect the current skill level of 30, as well as Ardour to reflect that the parry/evade loss scales with level (50% at level 50, but 75% at level 10 when you get the skill) - Paradox
Stances & Weapon choice
Champ skills have different descriptions depending on
- no stance
- Controlled Burn
- Weapon choice
- Dual wield
- Sword & board
- (unlikely but 1 1H or no weaps ? )
Giving a possibility of 5x3=15 (or 5x5=25!!) different boxes for each skill. I'm not sure how many of these should be reflected in the champ skills pages - obviously the changes to Flurry & Exchange of Blows in Ardour & Glory respectively should be shown, but almost all skills do varying amounts of damage depending on stance - and I haven't even started to look into how descriptions vary depending on weaon choice! DancesInTrees 01:48, 20 June 2008 (PDT)
- Sample weapon choice (47 champ)
- 2 weapons : weapon & shield : 2H
- DancesInTrees 06:55, 24 June 2008 (PDT)
GAAAA!!!! Who said that champions can solo mordirith??? Who????? I'm embarassed........... to have a champion character..... Bonzesquire. (This mysterious person will probably delete my work, but he/she does..... I'll know whodunit, by looking at the contributions of the 2 suspects.)
I started by rewriting the section on roles. Interrupting channeled abilities with Clobber is now mentioned as part of the Champion's primary role. The information on soloing did not seem particularly relevant or helpful, so I rewrote it to be more applicable to players who are in the process of leveling. Stances and soloing now have their own sections. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Hf2016 (Contribs • User Talk • Email).
- Looks good! If you continue working on this, maybe make a mental note of some information that might better go in a "strategy" article about Champions - it's been suggested that dividing these class pages into "factual/data" info and more subjective "guide to the class" style might be helpful. Any thoughts? Sethladan 15:38, 12 April 2011 (EDT)
P.S. Add a quick ~~~~ (four tildes) after your comments on talk pages to sign them so we know who says what. :)
Update 12 changes incoming
Following a break due to the holidays, I'm back and will be cleaning up this page in the same manner I have done with the Guardian page. There's still work to be done on that page as well. Questions or comments for me about my intentions, feel free to ask anything. -- Bastrom (talk) 06:52, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Quick update - The Champion page cleanup is still coming. I've been gathering data regarding the new class skill deeds using my new champion (particularly, the earliest level a deed can begin, and also the earliest level the class meta deeds begin). I've also been keeping an eye on the trainer to see if the "updated" versions of skills ever do show up anymore or if they just kinda "happen" as you level up. Looks like the latter so far. They also removed passive skills from showing up on the trainers. I wonder if some of this is unintentional?
- Also, I found a bug: The class trait "All In All", which is accrued from using the Blade Wall skill, does not accrue if you are dual-wielding. The bug is in the off-hand, it accrues fine with a main-hand weapon and the off-hand left empty (or a two-handed weapon). The trait is available starting at level 5, but with the bug you'll have to wait until level 10 unless you want to run around with only a main-hand weapon. Weird. -- Bastrom (talk) 08:56, 16 January 2014 (UTC)
Champion and Crossbows
Can a Champion use a Crossbow? It doesn't show in the table of Weapon Proficiencies if he can - only Bows.
- Neither Bows nor Crossbows show up under passive skills at the trainer (for a level 1 or level 6 Champion), but Update_12,_Helm's_Deep_-_November_20,_2013#Champion claims they get Crossbows at 7 and my level 16 Champ has both listed in the weapon skills. Sethladan 06:52, 25 January 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, it doesn't say level 7 right there; but there's a mention of it under General - Update_12,_Helm's_Deep_-_November_20,_2013#General - sorry, sleepy. :P Sethladan 06:54, 25 January 2014 (UTC)