Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tactical Mitigation is a Character Stat which reduces the amount of incoming damage your character takes from certain damage sources. It protects you from most attacks that are non-physical.
- Acid, Fire, Frost, Lightning and Shadow Damage Types all fall under the category of tactical attacks and thus have their damage directly reduced by Tactical Mitigation.
- Tactical attacks cannot be Evaded, Parried or Blocked, but they can be Resisted. You can see the type of damage being done to your character by viewing the Combat Log.
- The primary sources of Tactical Mitigation are Armour, Fate and Will. Hunters and light armour classes also get a contribution from Vitality. A sizable amount can also be acquired through intelligent Jewellery choices and Virtue (Character Traits) selection.
- The following Virtues increase Tactical Mitigation:
- The following Virtues increase Vitality:
- Tactical Mitigation is an important Character Stat for Tanks and end-game raiders, as most Instance and raid bosses will do Tactical Damage instead of Physical Damage a strong majority of the time.
- Tactical Mitigation Rating = (Armour / 5) + Fate + Will (+ Vitality for Hunters and light armour classes)
- See Stat caps for current cap values.
- Update 13 — All classes now receive 1 point of Tactical Mitigation per point of Will and Fate.