'Tailors are very plentiful and welcome here in the Shire. I have enlisted the aid of one of the finest novices in Michel Delving to assist each new apprentice.
'You will want to speak with Halfred Bolger over near the workbench. He has volunteered his time and energy to teach all the new apprentices. Mind him well.'
Tailors craft the normal dress worn by most free folk dwelling in Middle-earth. They are also proficient at crafting light and medium leather armour. A good tailor is always a welcome addition to the Crafting Guilds.
Be careful! You will need to complete the correct recipe and deliver the correct item outlined in this quest.
You will need to execute the rough cloak recipe and deliver the rough cloak. Failing to do so will force you to obtain new raw materials or to restart the quest after a 24-hour delay.
- Speak with <NPC> near the workbench in the crafting area.
You should speak with <NPC> at the workbench in <location> to learn more about tailoring.
- There may be alterative dialogs
- <NPC>: 'Well, look here, another would-be tailor. I am pleased to meet you and looking forward to helping you get started.
- 'If I go too fast or you need help at any point, you can ask me questions about tailoring, and I will do my best to provide you with clear direction. The first and most important step is having the proper ingredients.
- 'I set aside a few for new tailors like yourself. Take this crate and let us begin.'
- <NPC>: 'If you are looking for guidance in tailoring, then I am prepared to offer you direction.
- 'If my methods are too fast, feel free to speak to me again, and I will answer any wuestions that youmay have. I will do my best to provide you with clear directions. The first and most important step is having the proper ingredients.
- 'I have kept some of these ingredients aside for purpose of providing to new tailors. Take this crate and let us begin.
- Tailor vendors sell ingredients and recipes that are a vital part of any Tailor's training and continued work.
- You have been provided with ingredients
<NPC> provided you with a crate full of ingredients that you can use to execute the rough cloak recipe. Open the crate to get the ingredients.
- Ingredients for Tailors are normally purchased from vendors or traded from players with the forester profession. You can also find the ingredients on the Auction Hall.
- You now have all the ingredients to make a Rough Cloak.
Create the rough cloth cloak, as instructed by <NPC>.
- You have made a rough cloth cloak
- Bring the rough cloth cloak to <NPC>
The recipe is complete. Do not sell the rough cloak! It is time to show your handiwork to your mentor, <NPC>.
- there may be alternate dialogs
- <NPC>: 'Let me see what you were able to do....'
- He inspects the cloak with a discerning eye.
- 'Your needlework is impressive -- very tight and even stitches, something not easily done. No folds in the fabric where there should be no folds, either.
- 'I think that you have done very, very well, <name>. I approve and declare you a novice tailor.'
- <NPC>: 'I see the cloak there on your person. May I see it?'
- He takes a moment to admire your handiwork.
- 'This is a well-crafted cloak. Your needlework is even and tempered, and the cloak will drape properly on the back. You are well on your way towards becoming a tailor. Well done, <name>.