"The time of Isildur's Heir is at hand. With the recovery of the last Silithar, Elrond has commanded that the light of Narsil, which cut the One Ring from the hand of Sauron, be renewed and rekindled as Anduril, the Flame of the West...."
The Elf-smiths of Elrond have begun to reforge Narsil, the blade that was broken, an heirloom of Elendil's line.
Aragorn is waiting to speak with you just outside the forges of Rivendell.
Elf-smiths are reforging Narsil, the blade that was broken.
- Aragorn: 'Are you ready, <name>? The air tonight feels full of promise, and I have resolved to leave any doubts I have behind me. For Narsil to be reforged this night feels unreal to me, as if I will wake in the House of Elrond and find this has all been a dream.'
- Witness the reforging of Narsil
At the forges of Rivendell, the Elf-smiths of Elrond are hard at work remaking the sword of the kings.
Elf-smiths have begun the work of reforging Narsil.
- Aragorn says, "It is time, my friend. Let us see how goes the forging."
- Elrond says, "You have my greetings, Aragorn son of Arathorn, Lord of the Dúnedain!"
- Elrond says, "Many years have passed since I gave unto you the shards of Narsil, heirloom of your line."
- Elrond says, "This night will see its light rekindled. The blade that was broken...."
- Bilbo Baggins says, "Hold on, hold on! One moment!"
- Bilbo Baggins says, "You might have come to get me, Dúnadan!"
- Bilbo Baggins says, "I didn't think the sword would be ready until tomorrow!"
- Bilbo Baggins says, "Hullo, Frodo!"
- Frodo Baggins says, "Hello, uncle."
- Bilbo Baggins says, "Well, I haven't missed anything songworthy yet, have I?"
- Gandalf says, "If you will stop with your chattering, Bilbo Baggins, perhaps you will have your answer!"
- Arwen says, "Look! Hemeldir has something to say!"
- Hemeldir says, "For long hours we have toiled, over fire hot and metal cold."
- Hemeldir says, "A new blade has been beaten from the shards of Narsil."
- Hemeldir says, "The last of the Silithair has given the blade the glow it had of old."
- Hemeldir says, "The work is nearly finished."
- Hemeldir says, "Lord Elrond, it is ready."
- Elrond says, "Come, Aragorn."
- Elrond says, "This blade is called Andúril, the Flame of the West."
- Elrond says, "It was forged from the shards of Narsil and from it springs the light of the last Silithar."
- Elrond says, "Take it with honour, Aragorn, for it is thine."
- Aragorn says, "From the ashes a fire is woken."
- Aragorn says, "Behold Andúril, Flame of the West!"
- Aragorn says, "I thank you, my friends. The blade that was broken has been remade, and my heart dares to hope."
- Gandalf says, "It will take more than swords to turn this tide, Aragorn, even one such as this."
- Bilbo Baggins says, "Come now, Gandalf! Must you always be so gloomy? This is a time for cheer!"
- Gandalf says, "A time for some cheer, perhaps, but not to excess! Dark dangers press upon us! Evil stirs!"
- Frodo Baggins says, "But, Gandalf, the sword of the King has been remade!"
- Frodo Baggins says, "That has to count for something, surely!"
- Gandalf says, "You are right, Frodo. I am sorry. I did not mean to be...gloomy."
- Aragorn says, "It is true that our roads wind into danger, but I rejoice that I walk them in friendship with all of you."
- Aragorn says, "Do not despair, my friends! We will brave the stormclouds on the horizon."
Aragorn is at the forges of Rivendell.
Aragorn wishes to speak with you.
- Aragorn: 'I can hardly believe that Narsil has been remade, but the feel of Andúril in my hand quells all my doubt! This night has been long in coming, <name>, and I marvel at it!'
- Aragorn: 'Let us return to the House of Elrond. Many are the friends that wait within, and I would show them Andúril that they may know what has been done this night.'