Despite Reeve Fríthild's misgivings with the victory at Bardh-dorám, Thane Ordlac has prompted her to hold a celebration feast....
You have joined Reeve Fríthild and her guests in the Mead Hall of Stoke for a feast celebrating the victory at Bardh-dorám.
You should speak with Reeve Fríthild.
- Fríthild: 'Hail, <name>! I am pleased that you were able to join us for this feast. While I remain uneasy about the outcome, I find that I am able to -- for the moment -- put aside my worries. You and Ordlac have my gratitude for this respite.
- 'Please, join the festivities!'
- Observe the festivities in the Mead Hall of Stoke
Observe the feast in the Mead Hall of Stoke.
- Dudsig says, "We are wasting time! Reeve Fríthild should not be sitting in this hall drinking, but leading her people against the enemy!"
- Guard says, "Reeve Fríthild is a wise woman...I believe she must have a good reason for throwing a feast in the midst of war...."
- Dudsig says, "Perhaps...my own Thane is known for celebration amid ruin...."
- Ordlac says, "May I have your attention, friends?"
- Ordlac says, "We are able to enjoy this feast in peace due to the heroic efforts of our Reeve, Fríthild...."
- Ordlac says, "I ask you to raise your mug with me in her honour!"
- Fríthild says, "I...I...ah...."
- Ordlac says, "Reeve!"
- Edhild says, "Mama!"
- Fríthbert says, "Mother!"
- Engifu says, "Edhild, wait!"
- Reeve Fríthild has collapsed
You should speak with Thane Ordlac.
- Ordlac: 'Ah, <name>...go fetch some water from the table over there.'
A mug of water sits on one of the tables below the dais.
Thane Ordlac instructed you to fetch a cup of water.
- Collected mug of water
- Bring the water to Thane Ordlac
Thane Ordlac is kneeling beside Reeve Fríthild.
You should bring the water to Thane Ordlac.
- Ordlac: 'Alas, my friend, it is too late. Fríthild has gone from us. Fríthbert is now Reeve of the Broadacres....'
- Reeve Fríthild fell to treachery
- Ordlac: 'Take the children from here and summon someone to care for Fríthild's body.'