This quest may be done Solo-only or in Small Fellowship.
- The guide for Small Fellowship can be read here: The Mirror-halls of Lumul-nar. That guide works also for this Solo quest; there are only two significant differences between this quest and the instance:
- In this solo version, the first objective is to destroy the Gift of Gorothúl. As of Update 17.1 - December 7, 2015, it is no longer required to complete the light puzzle in order to jump down to fight the boss Ergoth in this version. Just click on the Gift of Gorothúl (a glowing purple orb) in order to destroy it and gain access the boss.
- The mobs in the solo version are greatly reduced in both number and strength. Nowhere in the solo version are there more than three mobs in one place, and they typically have about 3-4k health, Ergoth is 4,721 morale and 830 power.
A summary of the info found at The Mirror-halls of Lumul-nar:
- You must align a series of mirrors by clicking levers as follows in order to reach the depths where the Gift is located. Mirrors can be aligned by clicking levers. The mirrors are four-directional, so clicking a lever four times will return the mirror to its original position. Note that if you are defeated, morroval will realign the mirrors so you may have to repeat. Further, any morroval standing by levers will cause mirrors not to shine even if they are aligned properly.
- Jump down the ramps to the bottom of the chamber. Defeat the two wolves. The hallway east is blocked. There is a lever directly behind you as you stand facing east toward the hallway. Click the lever once.
- First room with named wolf: Defeat the wolves, then click the lever directly in front of you as you enter three times, then click the one just to the left of that mirror once. A beam of light should appear and the tunnel to the east should open up.
- Through the new opening and down the ramp in the hole in the middle. There is one wandering morroval and another on a perch above you as you approach. Defeat them, then bear left (north) before the stone crossing and go upwards a bit. As soon as the corridor opens up, go up the ramp to the right. Defeat enemies, then click each lever once.
- Back down the ramp and turn right (south). Follow the corridor upwards a bit, and when it opens up again make a u-turn and go up the ramp. There is a lever hanging downward. Click it three times.
- All the way back down to where you entered at #2, go across the stone crossing and down the ramps. Defeat the wandering morroval so he doesn't ambush you while you're reading the rest of this. Click the lever close to the bottom of the ramp three times. There is a lever to the right and another to the left. Click each of them once. You should see a beam of light shining downwards, and the path near to the lefthand lever will open up. Note at this point if you are defeated and must retreat back to the beginning of the instance, the corridor will be closed again and you will have to jump down to the next chamber. Note: The solo version of the quest may be bugged at this point. The light may not shine downward, and the tunnel will not open. In this case it is necessary to open a ticket and have a GM resolve the issue.
- Down through two empty chambers to a third with one lever and a morroval who's got to go. Defeat her and click the lever twice. The light will shine down the path downward and the path will open up.
- Down the ramps. (As of Update 17.1 - December 7, 2015 completing the last mirror puzzle is no longer required in this solo version. Clicking on the orb destroys it opening access to the boss, so you can skip to #7). You will reach a corridor where there are three small chambers on your left with a lever in each. Click the lever in the first chamber three times. The second will be guarded by a morroval. defeat her but do not click that lever. Continue to the end of the corridor. Click the lever in the third chamber three times. A beam of light should shine to the south.
- Go down the ramp across from the first chamber. You will see the Gift of Gorothul on the platform in front of you. Click on it.
- Jump down to fight the boss Ergoth. Upon defeating her you will automatically be transported back to Broin. Note: If you attempt to engage Ergoth from above without jumping down she will use her Mortal Wound ability with does 585 Common Damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds which can kill quickly. This ability is not used in the solo version otherwise.
Credits: Many thanks to a player named Venerab, who posted a video walk-through on YouTube, on which the summary is based; search for "Lumul-Nar" to find the video. (Link found at the talk-page).