Update 17.1 - December 7, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Update 17.1 Release Notes
General Changes and Fixes
New Items in the LOTRO Store:
- Blessing of the Valar – Level your character to 95, catch up to your friends, and jump into the Epic Quests to help defend Gondor!
- Blessing of the Valar Upgrade – Already over level 51? Level your character to 95 with this option.
- Housing Decorations: Crafting stations – Hook a workspace for your character, right in your home! Take care of your crafting while surrounded by your memories of adventure in Middle-earth.
- As always, you can learn about all the great new offers coming with update 17.1 by visiting here: 
- Our Art team has resolved several bugs with weapon effects appearing in an incorrect location or in a manner that conflicts with the cosmetically equipped weapon. However, in order for this fix to fully take effect you MUST UNEQUIP and RE-EQUIP all of your weapons. Until you do so, you will see effects that look like a ghost weapon
- A certain W.W. will now properly move on from the entrance to Rivendell, instead of staying there forever.
- Fixed an issue where certain (primarily slayer-type) quests were missing Quest Guide information.
- Examination tooltips for barring skills should no longer contain duplicate entries and correctly pluralize the word "skill".
- Various Festival announcement quests have had their repeat timers changed and increased. Mostly notably, Hobnanigans is Here will now only bestow on a character once per week while the event is active.
- The Essence of Nature's Roar now procs properly.
- Store Tracking Tomes and Talismans no longer break stealth.
- A number of level 45 class quest items have been made non-unique.
- Some of the Bingo Boffin armour rewards have had their armour values rebalanced.
- Some players were unable to get the "Bard" title (available from the play during Yule-fest). They should be able to get the title now.
- Housing items that were bound to character are now bound to account. In addition, when an account-bound housing item is placed, it will say in the tooltip which character placed the item. For previously placed bound to character items, the owning character removing the item from the hook and placing it again will make the name of the character appear and will bind the item to the account.
- Items bound to characters will now try to show the name of the character bound to. This is mostly useful for housing decorations - if the decoration was bound to a player who is on your account, friends list, or kinship, you will see the player's name when examining the slotted housing decoration, so that you know who it would be returned to. Note that bound-to-character housing decorations don't become bound-to-account until they hit the inventory of whoever slotted them.
- Housing decorations should no longer make noise while in your inventory.
- You should now be able to unslot decorations, if otherwise allowed, even if you can't use the item in question (for example due to a reputation requirement)
- Fixed a problem that would cause map home skills to sometimes fail to work (but go on cooldown) from a housing neighborhood.
- Barter vendors that give you items for mithril now have a button to go to the store to get more mithril if you don't have enough to barter for the item.
- Crafted Tier 10 consumables used to show incorrect stats in their tooltip when shortcut on the quickslot bar. Newly-made shortcuts will now have correct stats. You'll have to remake old shortcuts to fix them.
- In the Merry Swan in Minas Tirith, Lord Forlong's hair is now colored a proper raven black.
- Lifetime subscribers should now correctly not see offers in the store which are not relevant to them.
- The Beorning skill Call to Wild properly decreases the cost of Composure and Hearten.
- The Champion Weapon Master buff stays after being defeated.
Quests and Regions
- A crafting guild hall has been added to Minas Tirth. It is located where the Forges of Cirion used to be. The Forges have been moved north in the Craftsman’s Tier.
- In the first two Children of Minas Tirith quests, Bergil, Gelwen, and Glatham can no longer take harm, and thus not be defeated in combat. This circumvents an issue where resummoning them in the Secret Passage could result in a wrong assortment of Bergils, Gelwens, and Glathams.
- Now the door you use to enter the Cisterns for The Secret Passage is locked both inside and out, until you unlock it. No more stumbling out of the Cisterns and being unable to get back in!
- A few NPCs had varying appearances between the Epic, Minas Tirith proper, and the Epic Battles. They're all feeling back to normal now!
- Library at Tham Mirdain - challenge chest now spawns in after defeating Boss but only if you don't defeat any crows until after you defeat the boss.
- A Letter Belated: Lintanar has learned to keep his footing and should no longer fall through the floor.
- Polish to Forlong's Feast quests:
- The flowers at the base of the statue are now all taken.
- The hat is now resting somewhere sensible & interesting and not just on the ground.
- Added extra mithril travel for the objective to remember Authlin's song.
- Switched the color text for the councilor & the magistrate and posed them better.
Epic Battles and Instances
- Helm's Dike - Powder at the Gates (Solo) - Waves of attackers should now always advance toward the gates.
- A Relic in Lumul-nar (Solo) - The final puzzle is no longer required to finish this space in the abridged solo version. Destroying Gorothul's artifact will now open the path to Ergoth to complete this chapter of the Epic.
- Glittering Caves (3-Player) - Civilian Defence - Quest should now complete properly and award Marks and Medallions at the proper time.
- Defense of Minas Tirith/Hammer of the Underworld - Siege-towers now have a mini-map icon to alert you to where they are currently assaulting the wall.
- Dome of Stars - The final respawn point is now on the bridge leading into the Dome. Respawns should no longer aggro you immediately when you spawn there.
- Osgiliath - New Bounty Quests Added! Completing Sunken Labyrinth or Ruined City on Tier 2 at Level 100 will now award 1 Morgul Crest upon defeat of the final boss. Completing the Dome of Stars on Tier 2 at Level 100 will now award 2 Morgul Crests upon defeat of the final boss.
- Creep morale pools have been increased.
- Creep healing magnitude has been increased.
- The length of the stun on the Warleader skill Shield Bash has been increased to 10 seconds.
- Creeps can now buy up to an additional 20 quest log slots with Mithril Coins
- The damage of the following Creep Skills has been increased:
- Sudden Strikes
- Jagged Cut
- Piercing Attack
- Tainted Kiss
- Lethal Kiss
- Screaming Shafts
- Flaming Arrow
- Death Blossom
- Intimidating Shout
- Black Speech
- Menacing Roar
- Bestial Claws
- Sudden Maul
- Fire Gourd
- Plague Gourd
- Quest: Death From Above - Can't complete the quest because some spotters are not in line of sight.
- Some doors can't be accessed in Gondor. Specifically the landscape Armoury door (which contains the skirmish camp), and the instance Warehouse door (which houses 3 daily quests).
- Head slot items can only be dyed what the shoulder slot is dyed.
- Blessing of the Valar Packages - should have maximum usage level 95.
- Fishing Poles are not displaying properly for players.
- The Library at Tham Mirdain - Quest: A Matter of Knowledge: The book-stands don't appear