'I will not force you to leave, my friend. You have been too valuable an ally! But heed this warning! Elf-magic or not, this dream of yours is an omen of dangerous times ahead. It must steer your steps, but whether it steers them to good or ill I cannot say. This I know, however: it is not your fate to stand with us again. Can you understand any of what you saw within the fog of sleep?'
You tell Grimbold that you do know of someone to whom the dream seemed to refer: the girl Nona, who called herself 'Wadu's Ghost' for a time and swore vengeance on Dunlendings in the pay of Saruman.
'You must begin by finding this girl, then. If she sought to slay Dunlendings, she is certain to be somewhere within the Gap of Rohan; they gather in Wulf's Cleft, and the Gap teems with them. Go to Wilfrith in Forthbrond, to the west, and see if he has seen any sign of this girl.'
If the dream that troubled your sleep is as it seems, Grimbold is right: you need to take it seriously and act upon its mysterious message.
Wilfrith is in Forthbrond, to the west of Grimbold's Camp.
Grimbold thinks you should travel to Forthbrond and speak with Wilfrith for information about tracking down Wadu's Ghost in the Gap of Rohan.
- Grimbold: 'I do not pay much heed to things of this nature, <name>. I am a man of Rohan! I walk on the soil and ride on the backs of earthly steeds!
- 'These dreams of yours… they are something otherworldly. It seems to me that this girl you spoke of, this Nona, may be the 'ghost' in your dream. If she is hunting Dunlendings in the pay of Saruman, she is surely somewhere in the Gap of Rohan.
- 'Travel east, to the camp of Forthbrond, and speak with Wilfrith. He may have seen some sign of this girl.'
- Wilfrith: 'Some of my men fought at the Ford alongside you, <name>. they spoke highly of your deeds.'
- Wilfrith listens as you describe Nona and her determination to slay Dunlendings in the service of Saruman.
- 'One Dunlending seems much the same to any other to me, <name>, but I have not seen any of them fighting amongst themselves.
- 'There was one thing, though… not two hours ago I heard the clash of sword on sword coming from the warg-warrens of Âthdâr, to the west. Perhaps your Dunlending ally was stirring up trouble from the heights? While you are up there, you should slay some wars yourself!'
Wilfrith heard the sound of swords clashing from the direction of the warg-warrens of Âthdâr, west of Forthbrond. He wants you to defeat wargs there while you search for Nona.
Wilfrith thinks you might be able to learn news of Nona by travelling to the warg-warrens of Âthdâr.
- Wilfrith: 'I heard the clash of swords from the warg-warrens of Âthdâr. I do not know if it be a sign of this girl Nona, but it is a place to begin your search. Âthdâr is to the west, among the cliffs. Slay some wargs while you search, <name>!'
- As you defeat another warg, a glint of gold to the west of the warren catches your eye
- Investigate the flash of gold on the western side of Âthdâr
You caught a glimpse of gold from the western side of the warg-warrens of Âthdâr.
You should investigate the golden glimpse you saw at Âthdâr.
- Corpse of Draig-lûth Warrior: This member of the Draig-lûth was slain by a sword-stroke. Pieces of gold trail from his clenched fingers, and you pick them up and look at them curiously.
- As you straighten up, you see another glint of gold from the west, where two trails meet.
- You see another glint of gold from the west, where the two trails meet.
You have spied another glint of gold to the west of Âthdâr, where two trails meet.
A member of the Draig-lûth killed by a sword-stroke clutched gold pieces in his hand. What does it mean?
- Corpse of Draig-lûth Warrior: This member of the Draig-lûth was slain by a sword-stroke. Why did his foe not take the gold clutched in his fingers?
- Once again you see another glint of gold from the west, where two trails meet, and wonder if another Draig-lûth warrior lies slain there.
- As you examine the pile of gold pieces, you see another glint further to the west
- Investigate the glint of gold even further to the west
You have spied another glint of gold to the west of the small pile of gold you discovered.
Someone has been leaving small piles of gold pieces in the Gap of Rohan. Is it Nona?
- As you examine the pile of gold pieces, you see another glint further to the south-west
- Investigate the glint of gold to the south-west
You have spotted another glint of gold to the south-west of the gold coins you discovered, to the west of Cuvnerth.
You are following a trail of gold pieces through the Gap of Rohan. Does this trail near its end?
- Your suspicion was correct, and Nona stands before you!
- Talk to Nona west of Cuvnerth, in the Gap of Rohan
You have found Nona in the Gap of Rohan, west of Cuvnerth.
You should tell Nona about the troubling dream.
- Nona: 'I did not expect to see you again, friend! I am pleased you still live! You must have heard rumour of me… I have truly become Wadu's Ghost, and the Gap of Rohan is my haunt!
- 'I have made use of the bribing gold we recovered in Carreglyn, <name>. I find warriors who have sworn allegiance to Saruman, and I have piles of coins for them to discover. When they pick them up, I fall upon them and claim my vengeance!
- 'I have thinned the outliers of the army that gathers in Wulf's Cleft, but it is not yet enough to pay for the death of my brother. Wadu's Ghost still hungers for the blood of those who serve Saruman and kill in the name of the traitor-Wizard, and she will have her fill!'