'What's that? Oh, you're wondering where Bilbo is now? Turns out you've asked the right hobbit!'
Holly Hornblower has agreed to share a story about Bilbo Baggins and his adventures.
Listen to Holly Hornblower's story.
- Holly Hornblower: 'I'll have you know that I have it on excellent authority that on his travels Bilbo met a whopping massive bear! Yes, a proper large bear, not like the little ones what den around in these parts. And what did Bilbo do?
- 'No, don't be silly, the bear didn't eat him in one gulp! Imagine the indigestion with all those brass buttons!
- 'Now, Bilbo might not be a proper hobbit, but a hobbit still he is, and that means he was carrying any number of delicious things the like of which that bear had never smelled or tasted before. With those, clever Bilbo tamed that bear, indeed he did! And that's not the end, no not at all! Just getting to the best part, if you believe it.
- 'Radagast the Brown, you've heard of him yes? Keeper of animals they say and proper wizard in his own right, well, Radagast heard about Bilbo and the bear and he was so impressed that he trained old Bilbo to be a Lore-master!
- 'Neither jestin' nor jokin' am I, that's right, the first Hobbit Lore-master is our Bilbo, and he rides around now on his great bear, accompanying Radagast all over the lands!'