Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lindir is found within the Hall of Fire, at the northern wing at the ground floor of the Last Homely House in Rivendell Valley. Standing next to Bilbo Baggins the two are engaged in riddle games, also inviting visitors to share the fun.
- "'What!' cried Bilbo. 'You can't tell which parts were mine, and which were the Dúnedan's?'
- "'It is not easy for us to tell the difference between two mortals' said the Elf.
- "'Nonsense, Lindir,' snorted Bilbo. 'If you can't distinguish between a Man and a Hobbit, your judgement is poorer than I imagined. They're as different as peas and apples.'
- "'Maybe. To sheep other sheep no doubt appear different,' laughed Lindir. 'Or to shepherds. But Mortals have not been our study. We have other business.'" — The Fellowship of the Ring, by Tolkien
-  Crafting: Artisan Scholar - Scholar
-  The Riddle-game
-  The Riddle-maker
-  The Riddle-finder
-  The Riddle-seeker
-  A Lesson from Lindir - Minstrel
-  Chapter 2: The Time Before Travelling
- "You have done very well to unravel the mystery. Master Elrond must be well pleased."