The items in this category were introduced with Update 21 - Mordor Expansion. Many of them have a Light of Eärendil bonus, decreasing the amount of shadow experienced when in Mordor.
- Introduced with Update 21, The Mordor Expansion, the Ash of Enchantment System allows players, by using the Flame of Ancalamír, to deconstruct items containing "Light of Eärendil" (explained below) into Ash of Enchantment -- the ashes are then used as barter items with the High-enchanter (Elf-Smith) and others found in various places on the Plateau of Gorgoroth, in Allegiance Halls and in the Strongholds of the North.
- Ash of Gorgoroth automatically goes into your Barter Wallet, at the bottom as a "Currency," with a "currency cap" of 10,000,
- Players who have more Ash than the cap will be unable to Disenchant items until they lower their Ash of Gorgoroth count below the cap.
- Narthavron, master smith of the Noldor, located in the Udûn Foothold, explains the system to you in the Quest: The Ash of Gorgoroth. The Flame of Ancalamír is purchased from his assistant standing nearby, the High-enchanter (Elf-Smith). Once acquired, the flame is not consumed. It remains in your inventory. You can link it to a Quick-slot for easy access if you so desire.
- To use the Flame, right-click on the flame, and then left-click on the item you wish to destroy.
- The dialog will then appear: "Are you sure you want to DESTROY the <item name> to extract <number> Ashes of Gorgoroth?"
- Only items containing containing "Light of Eärendil" can be deconstructed!
- Generally speaking, these are Quest rewards and mob drops within Instances in Mordor. Landscape creatures do not drop items which can be deconstructed. Ash itself in varying quanities, as well as items, are often found in Gorgoroth Steel-bound Lootbox, Rare Mordor Treasure, and the like.
- The High-enchanter (Elf-Smith) also sells recipes for each Crafting Profession to craft Enchanted Gorgoroth Adamant for deconstruction
- To purchase these recipes requires Westemet Master of the Guild status with the appropriate guild, and Doomfold Crafting ability in the matching profession. These recipes are Bind on Acquire and have an 18 hour cooldown.
Light of Eärendil / Shadow Levels
- Introduced with Update 21, The Mordor Expansion, the Shadow of Mordor is an effect present in all of Mordor to varying degrees. This effect increments as you move from the main path.
- This moment of increment is accompanied by a brief purple screen flare; your character's legs are engulfed with a purple swirling cloud, visible to you only, not others, not even to those in your Fellowship or Raid grouping; the icon appears beneath your portrait and the Light of Eärendil / Shadow Level gauge appears.
- There is no general indicator that the level has changed, only the icon and gage under your portrait change.
- Light of Eärendil: the White portion of the bar
- Shadow of Mordor: the Purple portion of the bar
- If you use a LUA plugin such as BuffBars, you will see a numeric value indicating the Shadow level.
- If you move out of the Shadow, a crystal flare indicates that the Shadow is gone; the effect icon and gage also disappear.
- Note: Hope tokens have no effect. The Shadow of Mordor is only countered by the "Light of Eärendil", a buff provided by your gear.
- Items that grant the Light of Eärendil can be obtained in Mordor as drops, quest rewards and can be bartered for with Ash of Enchantment.
- (These are cumulative, to maximum 314 Light of Eärendil).
- If you mouse over the icon, you will see a pop-up indicating the effects at each "net" Shadow level containing information similar to the list below.
- When your Effective Shadow is greater than zero you will experience a debuff called the Shadow of Mordor. This will reduce your Incoming Healing by “X” percent, increase your Incoming Damage by “Y” percent, and decrease your Outgoing Damage by “X” percent. Note that Incoming Healing includes Potions and Foods!
- Update 21, the Mordor Expansion, August 2017, introduces a new system for obtaining necessary "Buffing Items."
- Update 22, Strongholds of the North, March 2018, changes the name from "Ash of Gorgoroth" to "Ash of Enchantment."
- Ash of Enchantment is now Account-bound. For this change to take effect, you must log in every character on your account that has Ashes of Gorgoroth in their inventory or Barter Wallet.
- Ash of Enchantment now has a currency cap of 10,000, and now automatically goes into the Barter Wallet. Players who currently have more Ash than the cap will be unable to Disenchant items until they lower their Ash of Enchantment below the cap.
- Level 106 to 115 landscape mobs will no longer have a chance to drop Incomparable equipment that can be Disenchanted into Ash of Enchantment. mobs in the resource instances will continue to drop incomparable equipment.
- With Update 22, Ash of Gorgoroth was renamed to Ash of Enchantment.
Ash of Enchantment Barter
- The Keepers of Mysteries are Vendors of Rare Oddities. They barter Ash of Gorgoroth for incomparable and rare Armour and Cosmetics
- No faction reputation is required. All Items are level 115.
- Armour with a primary stat of Agility is listed under "Medium Armour"
- Armour with a primary stat of Might is listed under "Beorning"
- The Keeper of Mysteries may be found in multiple locations:
- And in Allegiance halls:
Pages in category "Mordor Items"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 412 total.
(previous 200) (next 200
(previous 200) (next 200