Wailing Hills Explorer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Wailing Hills, north-west of Stangard, are so named due to a great battle and the slaughtering of Orcs that occurred there many years ago, around the time of Rohan's founding.
To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Discover The Cuthstan
- The Stone of Friendship, where Cirion, the Steward of Gondor, and Eorl, the first King of Rohan, met on the battlefield as victorious allies. The monument commemorates their oath of friendship and service.
- Discover Frithstan's Camp
- A small group of Rohirrim, led by Frithstan, guard the south of the Wailing Hills. Their primary task is to keep safe the Cuthstan monument.
- Discover the Nink-hai Camp
- This is a recently constructed Orc-encampment. The Nink-hai have boldly abandoned their mountain homes to live in hutes and tents along the northern edge of the Limlight River.
- Discover the Mor-Hai Settlement
- The Mor-hai Orcs have grown in number and tenacity. They have begun constructing war-camps beyond the safety of their dark mountain dwellings, in order to more directly provoke the Men of Stangard along the road.
- Discover the Secluded Clearing
- Landroval and Meneldor, two of the Great Eagles in service to Gwaihir the Windlord, selected this secluded clearing as a safe locations to regroup, after splitting up to search the area.
- Discover Venom-Bite Cave
- This large cave in the mountainside is the central breeding grounds of the Venom-bite spiders, a breed renowned for their venomous fangs.
- Discover Aster Hill
- Named for the bright star-shaped flowers that blanket each ridge, this hilltop has become a favourite grazing spot for the wild goats native to the region.
|5 LOTRO Points|
|<name>, Explorer of the Wailing Hills|
|Increased Reputation with The Riders of Stangard ( 500 )|
The deed contributes to the Explorer of the Great River meta-deed.