|Welcome to Lotro-Wiki!|
Hello, Zephyrians, and welcome to Lotro-Wiki, the Lord of the Rings Online wiki! Thank you for your contributions, and we heartily encourage you to keep it up!
Some useful pointers:
We also encourage you to take a moment and edit your user page (click the User Page tab above):
We hope you enjoy editing here!
Hey Zephyrians. Thanks for helping out on the quest texts! Certainly a lot still pending there. :) --Ravanel (talk) 18:31, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
- My pleasure! Let me know if there's anything I could be doing better. --Zephyrians (talk) 06:26, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
Sunken Labyrinth move
I moved the page Sunken Labyrinth as you requested. I didn't change any of the other pages linking to the old 'The' version of the page because the redirect will send those links to the right place, and there are rather a lot of them. But if you do want to correct any of the references to it, you can see the list here: Special:WhatLinksHere/The_Sunken_Labyrinth. -- Elinnea (talk) 04:29, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
- Sounds good, I can handle that. Thanks tons for the help Elinnea! —Zephyrians (talk) 04:48, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
(Agility) & (MIght) armour in Mordor
- Thanks for your efforts with these items.
- They are a problem which, so far, your solution seems to be the best one!
- The one change I have made has been to "cross link" them a bit.
- See: Rivetted Camail of the Wyrm and its sub pages.
- The primary issue is the pop-up tooltips. A number of us are discussing it over on the Discord server L-wA.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 19:35, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
You've been promoted to the level of Ninja! The Wiki is successful because of dedicated fans like yourself, and we thank you for your contributions to it!
Congratulations again Zephyrians!
You've been promoted to Editor! Great work so far, we love those quality edits you've been doing and enjoy talking with you on discord! Keep up the good work you do! Rogue (talk) 21:39, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
Armour of the Wyrm and Armour of the Abyss
I have modified the 6 pages associated with these items:
- Item:Rivetted Camail of the Wyrm (Agility)
- Item:Rivetted Camail of the Wyrm (Might)
- Rivetted Camail of the Wyrm - no longer an "Item," but a transcluded page.
- Item:Rivetted Camail of the Abyss (Agility)
- Item:Rivetted Camail of the Abyss (Might)
- Rivetted Camail of the Abyss - no longer an "Item," but a transcluded page.
After discussing things over the weekend with other editors those pages now follow the preferred way of dealing with such situations,
Namely using the Template: other techinque, and putting the stats into a table, rather than the double tool-tips.
- In the process of working this out, I also noticed that the two armour sets are identical - both level 337 and both have all the same states!!!
- I've filed a bug report, so I suspect that SSG will change them with the next update, as I don't believe that they intend them to be identical.
- I'll go through and change the other pages to the new format as I have time this week.
- Thanks for the update (and promotion)! Your solution is looking good so far, although the multiple tooltips was definitely interesting (reminds me of creating static tooltips in-game to compare stats). I can see it getting unwieldy with many different versions, though. Item:Dwarf Padded Jacket, for example, lol.
- I based my initial formatting on pages I found in Category:Disambiguation Pages, of which there are a lot still under the Item: namespace. (See, for example, Item:Breastplate of Vigour or Item:Dwarf Robe of Might. Not sure if these are "the other pages" that you're referring to? They also seem to need some work, which I could look into if the Camail transcluded pages are good as a final template.
- Also as a matter of curiosity, which armour sets are you referring to - the Wyrm and Abyss sets? From what I can see they have slight differences - Wyrm sets emphasizes Physical Mastery, Critical Rating, Finesse, etc. while Abyss sets tend to have Parry Rating, Evade Rating, Resistance, etc. Small changes to be sure, but I didn't notice any exactly identical pieces whiel transcribing them.
- Thanks again for what you do! :) —Zephyrians (talk) 01:50, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
- Ooops. You are correct... I missed that difference. The thing which threw me is that they are both the same level and the same Armour value. (I'll have to go fix the table -- cut and paste does have its issues.)
- Looks like what is needed is something like was done back in the Greate River and Rise of Isengard days Comparison_of_Hunter_Armour_Sets and Comparison: Level 75 Light Armour (Tailor's Guild) there have been other similar comparisons done for other classes.
- BTW, I also created the Category: Deleted :Category: Beorning Armour - not certain exactly how useful it will be, but it may be over time.
- I also just noticed the stacks of tooltips in the Diaambiguation pages. I assume that none of the longer term editors noticed it as they never came up in our discussions over the weekend! That is one of the problems with the WIKI -- people work on what they are currently doing -- i.e. what level their characters happen to be and so don't notice things from the past like that.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 12:50, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
New Discord server
Hey Zephyrians - just a heads up that we have a new Discord server that you may want to join. It's for admins, editors, and users of Lotro-Wiki to chat and discuss topics relating to the Wiki. --Gaerlin (talk) 16:46, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
Creatures vs mobs ...
I updated the location section of the Template:Creature so that the Creatures will wind up in the Creature category, and not as Mobs.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 01:32, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
One other thing -- please use "(Eryn Lasgalen)" not "(Northern Mirkwood)" I've gone through and transformed the Mobs into Creatures :)
- Thanks for letting me know! The creatures vs. mobs template thing is a bit over my head, but I'm glad you and others on discord have got it figured out.
- Yeah, sorry about the variance with the creature locations. I started popping all the data onto pages just for the sake of having the data, before understanding how the region was laid out. Planning later on making a pass through all those pages I created, to add screenshots, fix things, etc. —Zephyrians (talk) 17:12, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
Quest Walkthrough sections
Hey, I see you‘ve been adding many crucial quests lately, and I appreciate it. Great work!
One thing I‘ve noticed though is that you often leave the Walkthrough sections of the quest box simply blank.
- An example: Quest:Karazgar's Gambit
In the future, please try to fill out that section, even if it only contains basic information about where to find certain quest objectives (coordinates suffice)
- An example of a filled out Walkthrough section: Quest:Chapter 2: Embassies from Many Lands
Thank you for your great contributions! :) --Tharondir (talk) 14:11, 12 April 2018 (UTC)