User talk:Ravanel/Archive 2014
This page is an archive of Ravanel's talk page, containing 4 topics.
Welcome back -- again!
I see you made #6 on the list for last week! Hope you will keep an eye on the rest of us :)
You will also note there is an alternative "Creature" page. Template:Mob and
Template:Moblore -- see: Template talk:Creature#A_New_Look.3F
Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 20:11, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
- Oh noes, I dropped back to #7! There's work to do! xD
- It seems like Seth and you have been keeping yourselves busy, kudos for taking on that tough job! And thanks for keeping me up to date with the creature stuff. It's kind of a shame that you can't see the inspection info for the new mob pages, but then again, I do agree those take up a lot of space in the current create template and people are probably not looking for that info. Maybe there is a way to include it somewhere else.
- Just wanted to drop a quick side note regarding the updated creature template. The inspection info is indeed still present, they are just collapsed under the floating box (called advanced stats); clicking expand will show it pretty much exactly as it was previously ;) --Savi (talk) 12:35, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
Here's a question about the Deed boilerplate
Thanks for "diddling the deed" content. I have had little experience with them, so I was pretty much guessing. Too difficult to find others, which is a different issue; I also was in need of coffee. :)
The Deed Boilerplate Boilerplate:Deed -- shows:
- | Hidden = "hidden" if the deed is hidden, blank otherwise
which is "different" from most all other similar instructions. Both "Hidden" and "Y" simply add the deed to the category "Hidden Deeds". (Which in fact is all that the template does.)
- Is this correct? Meaning the Boilerplate/doc file needs to be corrected?
Using "Hidden" "hidden" or Y/y make no difference. Nothing appears in the text indicates it is a Hidden Deed, only the Category.
When I've "organized" the Template/doc Boilerplate files, I haven't paid any direct attention to the "consistency" of the instructions. Guess I should do another pass for such items.
- Hey Magill. I don't really remember what I fixed about those deeds, but no problem! If I changed "hidden" to "y" it wasn't to say you did anything wrong, it must've been an automatic reflex. As you already pointed out, it doesn't really matter what you fill in there, as they both work. Most templates have the option to fill in "y" instead of the whole word, so I think it is good that the feature exists here as well, it feels natural to me as an editor. If it doesn't say so in the template description, sure, it should be added. Hope that helped a bit. --Ravanel (talk) 16:21, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
When you delete a spam page, mind deleting the content so that the message content doesn't show up on the deletion log? For example, this shows up "(Spam: content was: " == Engagin blah blah blah.)" If you don't delete it, part of the spam still appears on the site. It would be easy to verify what was deleted through the history logs anyways. Starbursty (talk) 15:03, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hey Starbursty. I make sure the link or brand name isn't visible in the "Spam: content" message, so the spammer doesn't have any advantage, even in the deletion log. That should be sufficient in my opinion. --Ravanel (talk) 12:18, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
Legacies and LI Plugin info
Hi, just saw the message you left (only 2 months late :P). Not sure if anything ever happened with this, or what still needs done, but I might have some time next month where I could have a look at it if it still needs doing. Amphoras () 23:05, 6 April 2014 (UTC)